X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using a locomotive to extract

now that's a best stuck
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Now THAT'S stuck! I'll remember that the next time I have my excavator stuck. Just bring out my locomotive and pop 'er right out!

Dan

Comment

I was impressed with the crawler stuck in the creek getting himself out with the blade!
      (At the end when several vids pop up)
      Last edited by Deaf Bob; November 1, 2015, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Oh yes , this is always how I get my backhoe. Except that one time we were in the boonies and had tonuse my sky crane copter.
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

There has been an cargo train accident overhere a while back where a Leopard army tank was brought in to pull the 2 diesel locomotives apart from the wreckage, which were stuck under an overpass.
          Also something you don't see often.

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Speaking of tanks... and a tractor;

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Well, really 2 tanks more or less. Thanks for the posting!

Dan

Comment

can you see all the ways this guy employs to get himself out?

Comment

I see almost unbearable shaky camera-action and lot of moves, but most of them don't seem that logical to this laymen.
                  Not that impressed with his skills.

But then again, closest to a rescue-mission I've come was dragging my '64 Chrysler out of a developing sinkhole with my '67 Chrysler

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

I once used a semi to pull our forklift out of the sand, when a 4wd 3/4 ton Suburban merely spun its tires attempting to do the same thing.

Forklifts, even the ones with pneumatic tires, shouldn't be used off hard surfaces - unless it's the kind of forklift designed for that type of use. Very heavy + small tires = Sink down to the frame.

Comment

The strengh of the chain impressed me the most........
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by yellomalibu View Post
                        I once used a semi to pull our forklift out of the sand, when a 4wd 3/4 ton Suburban merely spun its tires attempting to do the same thing.

Forklifts, even the ones with pneumatic tires, shouldn't be used off hard surfaces - unless it's the kind of forklift designed for that type of use. Very heavy + small tires = Sink down to the frame.
                        The smallest forklift I have driven outweighed a Suburban by a bunch. Kind of like a Chihuahua trying to pull a stuck Clydesdale out of the mud.
                        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Given that he didn't have a locomotive I think he did OK. Hey, it's out of the mud pit, right?

Dan

Comment

the part that really impressed me was when he scooped rocks, dropped them on the track, then lifted that track, and then spun the track to put the rocks underneath the track... it seems simple, but that's some ingenuity

Comment

Working...
                            X