Aerosmith, ZZ Top Announce Tour Dates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aerosmith, ZZ Top Announce Tour Dates

Not two months ago I said the ultimate concert for me would be Aerosmith with ZZ Top. Be careful what you wish for, it might come true! Best part is, they're coming to Hershey July 3! Not 45 minutes away!

Aerosmith and ZZ Top have announced the first dates for their summer North American tour.

Anybody else gonna try score tix for one of the shows?

They're selling floor seats at $1295.00! I won't be down there...

The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Re: Aerosmith, ZZ Top Announce Tour Dates

That would be a great show.....not sure if it's $1295 great, but it would be great nonetheless!

Comment

Cheapest tix I can find are $55. Nosebleed, that's not worth it either. That far back you can't see anything and the acoustics suck.

Its in an open soccer stadium.
      The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

I was up there in Hershey for business last fall and the Allman Bros were at Hershey Park that night. I would definetly enjoyed seeing them, but the cheapest seats were $60 for that show. I didn't see them but I did get my kids some candy bars from the Hershey chocolate shop right across from the stadium. They thought that was pretty cool.

Comment

Concert prices have gotten way too high. First concert I ever went to was The Allman Brothers in 1974. Price was $4.50 Love to see ZZ Top and Aerosmith (Thats the order the billing should be)

Comment

I agree with ya! Wife and I went to Dallas last weekend for the yearly trek to see Jimmy Buffett. It was a good show, but for the most part it was the same as last year. Paid 90 bucks for each ticket. That sucked, but the wife REALLY wanted to go.

Comment

concert prices are high because of illegal download, period. It sucks, but it's the only way artists make any money anymore, is by touring...
              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by Rustang
                I agree with ya! Wife and I went to Dallas last weekend for the yearly trek to see Jimmy Buffett. It was a good show, but for the most part it was the same as last year. Paid 90 bucks for each ticket. That sucked, but the wife REALLY wanted to go.
                My wife's a total Parrot head also. We saw him 2 years ago and paid $90 as well, it makes her happy so it's worth it. The trade off is, I get to buy car parts. ;D
                Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Turk saw ZZ Top last year in Alabama at "Bama Jam" (?) and said they really sucked.
                  Geriatrics now I guess. Too bad.
                  Aerosmith is still rockin' though ...

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
                    concert prices are high because of illegal download, period. It sucks, but it's the only way artists make any money anymore, is by touring...
                    Yup.

Artists used to tour to promote their new album and generate sales. Quite often they would only just break even or lose money touring. (With the record company picking up the slack calling it promotional expenses, which they would eventually bill back to the artist.) The logic was, the more people you got through the door at $25 a ticket, the more people would be in the music store the next day to buy the new album and back catalogue.

Nowadays, touring is about making a profit on every seat sold. There is no point in promoting your product when most people are taking that product without paying for it. So the losses get made up with high ticket prices and cutting corners on things like venue costs, production, security, etc. Matter of fact, as they negotiate new contracts with artists, the labels are building in a cut of concert and merchandise revenue for themselves.

IMO opinion, no-one who engages in illegal downloading has any right to complain about high ticket prices, because it is they who created the problem.

Comment

Steven Tyler and most of aerosmith live within 15 minutes of me.

I've ridden go karts on the same track as Tyler (at the same time) and one night my wife and I went to the Outback and who rolled up...in a bus!

He and a bunch of people that were at his house, kids, adults, etc. They sat over at the next table.

The reason Massachusetts cannot have gas pump handles that lock on is because Joey Kramer set himself and his Ferrari on fire while fueling. He was burned in the incident and it made big news around here. Then the state freaked out and had all the pump locks removed.

All that being said....they're a great band.

Brian
                      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
                      X