X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want To Be An Uber Driver ?

Think hard about it first.

Nope!

It really bugs me that professional cabbies have all sorts of licenses, permits, and insurances to pay for, all to keep us safe in their cabs and Uber drivers just have to have a car. Not a level playing field.

I'm sorry this guy was pummeled by the jerk but doing a gig like Uper absolutely opens oneself up for these kinds of assaults. Note that there's no screen between the rear seat and the driver like most cabs have. Uber is not a professional outfit and this, unfortunately, is one of the ways that can play out. A side note - the jerk was an exec at Taco Bell. The operative word is "was" - he's been fired over this.

Dan

Comment

Professional taxidrivers overhere have a real hatred for these uber-drivers for exactly what Dan says; They have paid through the nose for permits and stuff.
      A number of Uber-drivers have felt the wrath of the disgruntled established cabcrowd a few times already.

But then again, professional drivers could always also 'upgrade' their businessmodel and do the same ofcourse.
      www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

There was a gal waiting for an Uber ride, car pulls over, offers her a ride, while crossing a bridge he asked, "where to?" first red flag
        2nd red flag, the real Uber driver calls the passenger, asking where she was.. She made the fake stop and let her out.. On the BRIDGE!
        Uber says when the ride is set up, the passenger is sent the plate nbr, the make of car and driver's name..

Yeah.. Uber sucks.. Some trips cost more than a taxi ride..

Comment

Had a great experience with uber in LA. Clean car, good driver that spoke English and was quite helpful answering questions. I split the car with a young lady and the 15 mile trip back to Santa Monica was $10. I guess I was lucky.
          Visit my sons blog:
          www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

I like Uber simply because they reduce taxes paid to the city..........less for the politicians to waste or steal.
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
              I like Uber simply because they reduce taxes paid to the city..........less for the politicians to waste or steal.
              Good point! Never thought of it thattaways..

Comment

Working...
              X