What Do You Guy's Think ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Do You Guy's Think ??

What do you all think about this 30th Anniversary Camaro SS (guess that makes it a 1997 ?) in my neighbor's backyard.

I asked his Mom if he would be interested in selling it and she finally got back to me that he's been thinking about it, ballpark $3000.

It has been sitting the last year solely because he didn't have the thousand bucks for a new set of tires, and now would need a battery from the sitting. Apparently the engine (I think a 454 Corvette) was rebuilt around 6,000 miles ago and its in great operating condition. 5-speed manual tranny. Will get more pics and information when I talk to him.

Re: What Do You Guy's Think ??

looks like an SS with an LT1 and a 6 speed

Comment

I looked it up on kelleybluebook.com and it says it the private party value is somewhere around 5 to 6 thousand. I didn't know the options or mileage of that car. I left the default options that popped up however I did check the SS option and I stuck in a mileage of 75,000........just a total guess there!
      Looks to me like that's a pretty good deal!

Comment

My co-worker has one like it, same color but
        a convertible(one of 250).

I'd snag it, they are cool, and somewhat rare.
        L-T1's can be made to scream.

Comment

Buy that sucker while you still can.
          Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

I can understand not being able to come up with enough coin for new tires, but you'd think he could scrape together $35 bucks for a cheap car cover. Anyway, I'd snag it!
            Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

like Spydee said, 350 LT1, 6 speed. Snag it! ;) ;)
              Living the dream!

Comment

I think asking this group if you should buy a car is .... ahhh... NOT the stupidest thing I've ever seen you do...

Keith.... ( see how good I did that? )( Yes I'm howling .... )

Comment

Steve-

Before any cash changes hands, check the rear footwells.....my oldest son's '95 Firebird had a serious case of rot due to leaking T-tops and the rubber drain plugs being pushed down.

4th-gens seem more susceptible to that malady than even the 3rd-gens....ask me how I know.... ;D

Seeing that car sitting in those conditions would make me second-guess it.........a big-block and 5-speed?

Comment

My buddy has the exact car, he bought it new.I think its only got 35,000 on it now.

Comment

Originally posted by min301
                      L-T1's can be made to scream.
                      Yes, they can. Pretty much doubt the 454 part of it though. 4th gens V8s had a 6 speed, V6s a 5 speed.
                      "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin
                        Originally posted by min301
                        Yes, they can. Pretty much doubt the 454 part of it though. 4th gens V8s had a 6 speed, V6s a 5 speed.
                        On the kelleybluebook.com site, it only lists 6 speed and automatic as options for the SS Camaro and 5.7L was the stock motor. I guess it could have been changed however.

Comment

buy, play with it,flip it and climb the car ladder.....
                          "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

Buy it. Buy EVERYTHING! Buy EVERYTHING you possiably can...WHILE you can :D ;D ;)!! ~J/W-OO6.

Comment

Working...
                            X