How To Take Out Your Frustrations On Something

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Take Out Your Frustrations On Something

I was 20 years old. Living in an apartment building next to a guy who hated the North Carolina Tarheels worse than anything. I mean, he HATED the Tarheels. Despised them. PASSIONATELY disliked them

The voice of the Tarheels, Woody Durham. He was on the radio covering every Tarheels basketball game. This guy, my neighbor, if the game was on TV, he'd turn the volume off on the TV and turn the radio on just so he could hate Woody Durham.

So the Heels won a pivotal game in whatever year, we were all ganged up watching/listening to it. My neighbor went critical mass. The game was decided in the final few seconds. He threw the radio out into the parking lot at the apartment complex. We stood back. He went and got a sledgehammer and worked out on that radio, yelling, "THIS....wham....RADIO...WILL.....wham....NEVE R... ..wham...play....WHAM...Woody Durham's.....WHAM....voice WHAM ...AGAIN......" He killed that radio to bits.

I bet that felt good. I've sometimes wanted to do it, but I never have actually done it. I've thrown tools, but not really torn anything up.
    Last edited by pdub; November 7, 2015, 11:23 AM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

I crushed a compaq 5600i..
    the awe was the 1700 dollars cash I paid for it. Gone quicker than an 87 subaru down a hill with wind at its back.

It all comes around as peace.Prayers crush hoaxes...3000 dollar computers run for 100k hours, if built by me.
    entire nations militarys back me up, the banks, wild stabs by 1million men army is nothing in comparison to my world.

patience.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Pile of oak rounds and an 8# maul.. Stand them on end and wade thru it..
      Be breathless sweaty and calm afterwards

Comment

What kind of car did the tarheel hater drive?
        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
          What kind of car did the tarheel hater drive?
          Good question. I don't remember, I don't think they had minivans back then. I don't remember what he drove. What DROVE him was his dis-like.

Comment

I have a similar, eh lets say, 'dislike' for commercials, on TV or radio. Although I've yet never (been able to) trash a TV or radio because the mute button is soo much less work, AND there might be something I liked to see after it.
            But I've felt like trashing them though.

I once killed a desktop PC at work. The pos was not doing the things I told and logically expected it to do, just like in the regular way Windows always seems to be designed to do.
            When I got enough of its antics, I set aside the monitor and grabbed the PC from the desk, running and all, and slammed it on the concrete ground. Felt good. It may have received a stomp or 2 as well. Maybe 3.
            The thing was a company PC that was coming near its EoL anyway, I just accelerated its EoL-time a bit.
            And no, I'm not the office guy in the clip that floats the internets. ;)

Was fun to see my colleagues faces during the process. But since I was the system admin I already had a new PC waiting in storage.

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

LOL, I stomped a room mate's potted plant to death after a disagreement. Poor plant I did feel better after, they would not let me at him.
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
              ​​​​​​

Comment

I'm sitting here thinking...I've seen one other similar sports-related tirade, now that I think of it. It was much later on in life.

I was working on assignment in Benton Harbor, Michigan. Such a delightful spot. Take your family there on vacation, but take a handgun to shoot your way out of there when it all breaks bad.

Was stuck there for a weekend and one of the supervisors felt sorry for me and invited me over to his house to watch the Michigan-Notre Dame football game. I had no idea what that game meant. A regional rivalry like no other, I had no idea.

There were other people there, including a real big red-faced guy with a Michigan sweatshirt on. His kid had just started at Michigan that year. He was invested in the outcome. well, Notre Dame won that game. OMG. Holy shit, Katy get out of the way. Yeah, that guy went tangental. He was cussing and kicking stuff in somebody else's house. I was stuck in a chair in a corner, what's this guy actually going to DO?!?!?! He's done a lot already. I'm an hour's drive and then two airplane flights from home, and I'm little, and I'm the stranger here, like the guy who gets beamed down on Star Trek with the different colored shirt than the rest of the crew.

The dude was screaming, "I can't even go to WORK tomorrow!!!!! I can't even go to WORK tomorrow!!!!!" I guess he worked with some Notre Dame fans. He abruptly left, we could hear tires screeching on the street in front of the supervisors house.

Supervisor looked over at me and said, "Sometimes he gets that way. Wonder what game's on next?"

Comment

Working...
                X