Who is Actually a Morning Person?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is Actually a Morning Person?

I've been accused of being a morning person, because I get there way before anyone else. It doesn't mean it comes natural.

Back when in the 60's....my mom was June Cleaver. She had the full spread on the table. Three squares a day on the table. I was a very young teen. So much stuff on the table, early in the morning. I poured that pretty glass of milk on top of the the pancakes instead of the syrup. I was not awake yet. I had never in my life had a beer yet, I'm just stupid in the morning. It's lifelong.

Today, this morning, Kenny the Cat started messing with me in the bathroom while I was trying to get dressed. So, I forgot to get totally dressed. I was going out the door and realized I had no belt on, and forgot my cell phone. I have actually had to turn around and come back to the house to get something before, after something like that. wondering if I closed the garage door. I have left my bag full of lunch on the counter. Can't start driving without keys, I always leave with the keys. But there's no telling what else is going....or what's not.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

does setting the alarm for 4:30 and being up earlier count???
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I get up 5 to 6 days a week at 5am. I woupdnrather get up early than to stay up late. I love watching the sun come up . Unfortunately our state gov. Changed us over to daylight saving time which effectivly make the sun come out after I get to work in the summer. In the winter it come up later anyway . Why would someone want to play golf till 9:30 p.m. ?
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Work starts at 5:30am, so thats a 4:00am wake up alarm. The stupid thing is when we have to work OT it is pre-shift. yes that is 3:30 start with 2:15 wake up. That is just stupid!!! It is then that I am not a morning person

Comment

I used to be, a routine sets in, no clock needed.
          With illness, I need to respect that more than the morning.
          I still do morning, depends on the day.

Military really pounds that in. Basic training is remembered for the ruckus at 3 am...reveille
          It ended up, I was going to work to shake 50 square miles, at any time. 2am? who cares. Just another 450,000 pounds for bangor maine.

I still think morning cures everything, as long as there is a destination. A wake up call has one.
          just weeks before disabled, i did two flights in less than 48 hours.
          I have never recovered. I still think the plane was broke in the back.. took my brain with it.
          that was 1996.

I was so afraid to go to sleep, I stayed up for days. Spells of weeks slipping by...still do not know where they went. Morning was not on my mind.
          I pretend sometimes, things are normal. End up sleeping in the day.
          I went trucking with dad sometimes, real early. It did not matter if the jake brake was on, earthquake under the passenger seat.. I'd fall asleep. No full day for me.
          Last edited by Barry Donovan; November 9, 2015, 08:04 PM.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

That's just unnatural guys.
            I'm probably wrong

Comment

I firmly believe that if the Good Lord had meant for me to see the sun rise, it would happen promptly at the crack of noon!!!!!
              Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
              Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

I'm not a morning, afternoon or night person....I look at all parts of the day I am awake with disdane and contempt.
                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Can we make this a survey? Put me in the "NO" column. Spent over 31 years getting there at 7:00 and was never happy with it. At least I lived close to work for much of it. I usually arise at 7:00 or so and wake up around 9 or 9:30, +/-. No schedules - my kind of life.

Dan

Comment

Work used to start at 6:30 am with an hour drive.. Had to milk the cow before I left and when I got home.. Don't miss it at all!
                    Am I a morning person? No.. But here I am, 5 am Bangshifting... Probably take a nap at 9 am...

Comment

I would Rather get up and get going.
                      Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo View Post
                        I would Rather get up and get going.
                        Me too.. Too damp and cold for these old bones!

Comment

pdub - the only reason to ever wish someone "good morning" is the hope that your cheeriness will push them totally off the deep end and they'll start forwarding clever, wholly inappropriate FB memes to their families, and putting plastic forks in other people's yards.
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I am. I was glad for the time change because I didn't like on my days off I was starting to get up around 7am and now it's 6am again. I start work at 6am, have for almost 11 years now. Usually in the office between 5:45am and 5:50am. On my days off I rather be up and doing something outside or in the garage by 8am, otherwise my motivation to do anything that day is essentially killed.

And I tell my wife, there are two types of people in this world, morning people, and people that hate morning people
                            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                              pdub - the only reason to ever wish someone "good morning" is the hope that your cheeriness will push them totally off the deep end and they'll start forwarding clever, wholly inappropriate FB memes to their families, and putting plastic forks in other people's yards.

I guarantee that if you ever said "good morning" to anyone in the military the response will be "what the hell is so good about it" 98% of the time. you can account for a "FU%K you 1% or the time and a "Is it?" the other 1%

Proper greeting is simply "Morning" or "Mornin'" anything more could lead to a verbal or physical assault which once the investigation is finished will be your fault.
                              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                              X