A day at Riley's Children Hospital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A day at Riley's Children Hospital

We got 2 siblings back in June and the boy Issac, I could tell from the beginning he was a little off. Growing up with an autistic sister, I wanted to get him tested so we can acomendate what he needs. We finally got in yesterday and spent the day at Riley. At the end of the day they said its between High Functioning Autism, ADD, or possibly both. He goes back in a month for more testing. We found a family that wants to adopt him and his sister so I am pushing to get this done so we can be honest and let the family know what they might be getting into. Our family is a big supporter of Autism Awareness. Keep us in your thoughts and hopefully we can get them in a permanent home. We are the 3rd foster home in a year they have moved to. If it wasnt for the other adoption we are trying to finish and still trying to have our own, we would have prolly adopted. Unfortunatley, you can keep them all.

No you can't keep them all..
    Good luck on the next steps..
    I admire you for what you do..

Comment

Best of luck with the little guy and his sis. As grandparents of an autistic little guy we have a horse in this race. Sending Best Positive Energy.

EDIT: And X2 for what Bob said. You are some of the Good Guys!

Dan
      Last edited by DanStokes; November 11, 2015, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X