Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions/Experiences wanted regarding car storage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions/Experiences wanted regarding car storage.

Hey guys, looking to get a car of mine put in undercover storage such as this:

Has anyone had any experience with putting cars in places like this, in regards to theft/damage/vandalism??
    The car is not that valuable, its just I need a place to put it, at the same time don't want it trashed/stolen....

Does anyone know if it is expensive to insure a car while stored in a facility??

Cheers
    Pauly

Re: Opinions/Experiences wanted regarding car storage.

Looks safe....considering all that high Doller R-V/Boat stuff sitting around. I've done the "Public-Storage-Thing" before,but,it was only for the Summer months while the Roof in the Landlord's Warehouse was undergoing Sandblasting/repairs. The Cars were stored outside & were safe,I had no problems with the Company,I even got the 'ole '1-Month-FREE-Deal',which worked out alright for me. ~J/W-OO6.

Comment

I'd find out about their security measures. Cameras of people coming and going through the gate? Different passcode for everyone of the customers. On site security guard and such.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I guess it depends on the area and how secure the place is. I'd definately recomend putting some kind of cover on the car not only to keep it from getting weather beaten but also to keep prying eyes away.
        Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

zombie, you are welcome to store it at my place in big bear, no charge just bring a cover for it.
          Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

Hey Doug, thats so awsome of you to offer mate!! ;D, hey I will think about it as I don't like imposing, for one, and the big thing for me is I have no idea how long it will be in storage (years maybe) before I get to wrenching on it.
            Cheers
            Pauly

Comment

Your pleasure, I have the space, depending on the wrenching you want to do, I can do some in my spare time. Either way is good.

Comment

Hey Doug. you get my PM mate??

Comment

Okay got it, no problem. Just remember if you need storage come winter time its hard to get up here without chains and so forth due to snow. Look forward to meeting you on the 20th at the Fest West or is it West Fest??

Comment

Working...
                  X