2016 GT350

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 GT350

So my neighbor comes over this morning and says "Hey, come check this out". He usually does not disappoint.

Now, when it comes to modern muscle the Hellcat is for me. But if I ever wanted to get a car for the track then this bugger would be it. That thing will rev and you can open up a valve in the exhaust to make it louder. This is a stripper model with the track pack. Well done on this one Ford.
    Visit my sons blog:
    www.driftundertheradar.com

Hope you get to go for a ride! Lucky guy to get 1 of the 137. I wonder what pricing/availability will be like in a few years.

Comment

I m looking forward to sights and sounds by individuals.

that flat plane would be the firts engine to take me away from gm smallblock..ever.

(not counting my little hobby with the boxer)
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

redline is suppose to be north of 8000rpm (i think 8200 or 8300)
        Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

I suppose no one found this yet.
          holy cow.

the king of sound in my rural place is the powerstroke, and it faded away, no longevity..

the ls 6.0 is a close second.

If I heard this coming...and going on by..
          holy cow.

This place is so quiet, one can tell a 305 from a 350, a big block chevy from a ford...truck from a car.

that mustang is going to be something else.

I can only guess this is not the flat plane in the video. still very feisty.
          Last edited by Barry Donovan; December 12, 2015, 09:08 PM.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

GYAH. Just gyah......
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
              GYAH. Just gyah......
              Trading Red for Blackie? .

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
                redline is suppose to be north of 8000rpm (i think 8200 or 8300)
                video that Boxer posted shows a mid 6,000 rpm redline... . Still ample!

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

Trading Red for Blackie? .
                  Not right away. As far as production cars go...I dropped $16K on Red the day we got him, his book value on that day. I figure I've got another $7K or so on go parts. For $23K, the difference between Red and what's really hot (production-wise, for the money), we've already got a hot rod. The difference, 0 to 60, is in fractions. We're good, we've got a ride. And it's all fun, every bit of it.

And it's all relative. That weekend in Ohio at The Mile, I could only stay one day for a two-day event. I had to get back home to go back to work. That Saturday, I ran Unit's Fusion, NOT Red. Bluebelle went 131 hopped up on a tuner, a 3.0L six cylinder four door grocery getter. Terri went 136 that day in Sassy the El Camino, and she looked and sounded great doing it, She would go 137 the next day as I was driving back home.

Saturday night at Buffalo Wild Wings in Wilmington OH, Vic and Terri and I hoisted beer glasses and tapped them together and did the toast thing - "To Speed." That is as FAST AS THAT CAR WILL GO, that Fusion. In a mile, at least, it was still pulling when it went through the trap. I had to go home, but it would have done the same thing over and over again the next day.

It's all fun, all of it. I can't imagine folks who have never enjoyed speed.

Comment

Oh yes. I went for a ride and he bounced it off the rev limiter a couple times. I could see it in the heads up display. Simply marvelous and I didn't even care that there was a absence of a supercharger whine cause the motor sounded that good.
                    Last edited by Damon23; December 13, 2015, 06:02 AM.
                    Visit my sons blog:
                    www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Okay, that does it. I want one. What's the difference between a need and a want? Not a whole lot...

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                        Okay, that does it. I want one. What's the difference between a need and a want? Not a whole lot...
                        No difference!

Comment

Originally posted by Darren N. View Post
                          Hope you get to go for a ride! Lucky guy to get 1 of the 137. I wonder what pricing/availability will be like in a few years.

That was the 2015 model year, very limited production. 2016s are more plentiful, we've had 5 come through so far at the dealership I'm at, supposed to get 15 total for now I think.

Badass cars if you want to carve the corners, and the flat plane crank engine sounds amazing.

cheers
                          Ed
                          Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                          07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                          88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Glad your ride didn't end like my ride in my friends 2009 I think Shelby GT 500 . Up two tree fortunately backward at around 60mph . And Barry, thanks so much for posting up the sound effects. Man , it sounds killer.
                            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

In case y'all haven't seen this review yet, you can catch some of the GT350's 8250 RPM redline and much more:

Comment

Working...
                              X