No announcement yet.

Merry Christmas BangShifters!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a buddy,his dog DESTROYS skunks! I think at last count it was sprayed 18 times this summer.
    He uses "Natures Miracal" it works awesome.
    (Of course not having it on hand,on Christmas is of little help) sorry

It has the enzymes that kill the smell, although I am not sure how...
    See my build at: www.1932auburnsedan.com

Comment

Tomato paste works good, just not that well.. Perfect for the dogs that lived outside 40 years ago.. But for house dogs.. Leaves a bit to be desired..
      The yellow spray was on her snout, over her left eye and completely all over her forehead.. Thankfully she wears t-shirts and I was able to pul that off and throw it away.. Less than 50 feet from where she got sprayed is a minister's house and he was having a christmas eve party (family probably) and my son said he herd many "Eww" and "Phew" from there...
      She kept shaking her head while we wer trying to keep her from shaking.. Thus I'm sure it's on the walls at a cople spots.. Doing a through cleaning after I head to the pet store and see if they got anything that'll work better..
      Throat hurts and have a headache.. Doggy's eyes water and look red.. Been using eye flush saline on her..

Where my house is, it's county with city on 2 sides (farm is 7 miles out of town) 100 ft wide by 460 ish long, the rear 100' has 2 mobile homes from the trailer park back there and the south side in the rear has 3 houses, stopping before my house.. My place is "country" while south of me is new 200,000 and up houses on small lots. So yes we get deer skunks and coons!
      I know the kid learned his lesson.. The grands got Jelly Belly candy dispensers.. They are either good or bad for the color that pops up.. Mine was either rootbeer or dog food..tasted like roast beef, he got one that was licorice or skunk, and it was skunk, he started gagging and coughing..

Yeah the 4 legged critters (dogs) weasel their way into your hearts..

Comment

Very sorry to hear that Bob - that really stinks ! (Sorry, I had too. But I guess it's better than porcupine quills)
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

Bob- my buddy's rat terrier got sprayed in his face and eyes also once long ago, he couldn't see very well for a few days.
          Most dogs are curious, come upon a skunk, stop to see it is as the skunk gets into defensive position, and then "blammo ".
          Apparently while trying to recover, "Ray" ( the dog) figured this out, and now he just runs the skunk down, never allows for it to stop and raise it's tail, tackles it,a few shakes of the neck,done.
          Like I said, he's a "machine"
          Hopefully your guy recovers and you enjoy the rest of the holidays!
          Last edited by V12guy; December 26, 2015, 07:54 AM. Reason: Smilie not working
          See my build at: www.1932auburnsedan.com

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
            Very sorry to hear that Bob - that really stinks ! (Sorry, I had too. But I guess it's better than porcupine quills)
            I'll take a skunk over porcupine any day!

V12guy, nothing is safe in my back yard, the dog's territory.. Deer? Chases them out! Possums? Drowns them in the creek after throwing them..
            Company? LICKS THEM TO DEATH!

I must be getting used to the smell, wife's friend shows up, talks her into taking their visit to the local restraunt..

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

I must be getting used to the smell, wife's friend shows up, talks her into taking their visit to the local restraunt..
              Bob I can't imagine....a skunk got mashed to pizza on the through road where we get out of the neighborhood. That was 5 days ago. That sucker's not anything but a messy mark on the road now, and it still stinks. I can't imagine.
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Hey Bob, next time your dog gets skunked give him/her a wash down with a solution of 1/2 quart hydrogen peroxide, 1/8 cup of baking soda, and 1 teaspoon liquid dishwashing soap. Mix it all together and rub into fur to the skin on wet dog. Worked great on my Australian Shepard. Doesn't mask the smell it completely removed it.
                "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
                  Hey Bob, next time your dog gets skunked give him/her a wash down with a solution of 1/2 quart hydrogen peroxide, 1/8 cup of baking soda, and 1 teaspoon liquid dishwashing soap. Mix it all together and rub into fur to the skin on wet dog. Worked great on my Australian Shepard. Doesn't mask the smell it completely removed it.
                  Thanks.. I knew baking soda (wife dumped a whole box on the poor dog) and soap (Dawn) didn't work that good, got some "chlorhexide" that did a better job.. So the recipe you provided oughta work! I'm gonna write it on the wall of the garage so I don't forget it! Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

Thanks.. I knew baking soda (wife dumped a whole box on the poor dog) and soap (Dawn) didn't work that good, got some "chlorhexide" that did a better job.. So the recipe you provided oughta work! I'm gonna write it on the wall of the garage so I don't forget it! Thanks !
                    You gotta believe Matt. Matt showed me the whole hotrod world when he invited me out to lunch one day. Seriously. I'm not kidding. Say it ain't so.
                    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I have seen the recipe before.. With pure fresh skunk jizz wafting and assulting your senses, head blaring like a siren, dry heaving, your ability to remember simple stuff goes away... The soap I used has some peroxide in it.. So a full strength recipe will get it working good!
                      I merely needed proper porportions to brew up a batch.. And fresh air!

Comment

Working...
                      X