Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INTEREST IN MEETING AT UBLY DRAGWAY FOR BS MEMBERS

Michigan and Ontario Bang Shifters.
    We want to put together a track event in the spring at Ubly Dragway. This will be organized by Quick 52 and myself if we can get enough interest. Please let us now if you are a possibility and we will pick a date.
    Plans are to have a bracket race where we team up against another car club or just run against ourselves. The cost to get in and run time trials is $25 with entering the race is another $20.
    A little about Ubly
    Located in the northern thumb of Michigan. 1/4 mile testing, 1/8 mile racing. Nice people operate the track that are accommodating. Recently repaved the start line thru 150 feet. This will be run from 12 noon to 6pm.
    Let us know if you are interested with the date TBD.

SIGN-UP THREAD: http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-and-roll-call
    Last edited by Monster; May 4, 2016, 06:05 AM.
    Dave
    69 Mustang ProStreet
    70 Torino

Sounds interesting Dave, around a 4 hr drive for me. Are you thinking sometime in the spring maybe?? Maybe I could sneak in a visit to the road course at Waterford Hills while I'm in MI.

cheers
    Ed
    Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
    07 Mustang GT with some stuff
    88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Ed,
      ive seen a few Ontario natives at Ubly. Yes we will do this in the spring of 2016. If you can look at Waterford Hills schedule and let me know the best days in April/May we may be able to work this out for you.
      Originally posted by fast Ed View Post
      Sounds interesting Dave, around a 4 hr drive for me. Are you thinking sometime in the spring maybe?? Maybe I could sneak in a visit to the road course at Waterford Hills while I'm in MI.

cheers
      Ed
      Dave
      69 Mustang ProStreet
      70 Torino

Comment

You already know I'll be there if I have my junker running..
        I sure could use the time to set up the chassis

Comment

Originally posted by Dave D View Post
          Ed,
          ive seen a few Ontario natives at Ubly. Yes we will do this in the spring of 2016. If you can look at Waterford Hills schedule and let me know the best days in April/May we may be able to work this out for you.

Looks like their open track days are done midweek, so I can scratch that. Used to go there in the early 90s when the motorsport club from London Ontario would organize a Solo I + lapping day event there, fun little track.

So whatever suits the schedule of the majority, I'll endeavour to attend. Should be pretty open for me, other than the April 22-24 weekend I'll likely be driving something in the Chumpcar race here at Mosport again.

cheers
          Ed
          Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
          07 Mustang GT with some stuff
          88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Are there more than six Michigan Bang Shift members?
            We need at least twenty people interested to have fifteen show up.
            I will throw in a T shirt to anyone that makes it past the first round. If you have any interest at all please post.
            Dave
            69 Mustang ProStreet
            70 Torino

Comment

I'm willing to try and make it. We'll probably bring 2 or 3 cars
              Coming at you live from the birthplace of GM,Flint,Mi. Where your car is worth more than the property it's parked on.

Comment

Originally posted by 82z View Post
                I'm willing to try and make it. We'll probably bring 2 or 3 cars
                Fantastic,
                I'm thinking this has a chance of happening considering that we are half way there for people. I was starting to doubt that we had 20 members in our area. I want this to happen so we can make it an annual event. If you havent been to Ubly you are about 1 hour and 40 minutes away from there.
                Dave
                69 Mustang ProStreet
                70 Torino

Comment

Well , an hr from detroit probably 2 from Lansing ( mom has friends and family there and all are getting old , would love to get her up . Looks like 400 total from Indy , sounds like fun . The 87 vette is stock and drag racing really isn't my thing but I would bebinterested in running it for fun . Mostly would like to meet up with other Bangshifters. Im a definite 75% there.
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Besides there is some old turn signals I'd like to see how there doing . ;-)
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I'd be interested, I-75 to US-23 back to 75 just south of Flint, would be a nice cruise.
                      Stew K.

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4x4 4.2 L6 Stock DD
                      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Adopt-A-Whale
                      1988 Chevrolet R30 Custom Deluxe L05 3L80 C&C
                      1974 Chevrolet Corvette 350/TH400 (Garage Art)

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
                        Besides there is some old turn signals I'd like to see how there doing . ;-)
                        It would be good to meet up. Unfortunately i sold that car after i bought the malibu. I was a dumbass
                        Coming at you live from the birthplace of GM,Flint,Mi. Where your car is worth more than the property it's parked on.

Comment

It's 8 hours away from me, but if the planets allign...
                          I'm probably wrong

Comment

Now Indy, SW Ohio, and Wisconsin. After a few more people are interested the next step will be to get a date set then determine a program for the day.
                            We still need to hear from more people that are interested.
                            Last edited by Dave D; January 4, 2016, 04:27 PM.
                            Dave
                            69 Mustang ProStreet
                            70 Torino

Comment

Originally posted by Dave D View Post
                              Now Indy, SW Ohio, and Wisconsin. After a few more people are interested the next step will be to get a date set then determine a program for the day.
                              We still need to hear from more people that are interested.
                              Nice going Dave.. I didn't think it was going anywhere but sounds like there is some interest... Maybe we can get some of the Shell crowd to come... A few ran at the Silver Dome...

Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
                              Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Working...
                              X