INTEREST IN MEETING AT UBLY DRAGWAY FOR BS MEMBERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quick 52 View Post
    Nice going Dave.. I didn't think it was going anywhere but sounds like there is some interest... Maybe we can get some of the Shell crowd to come... A few ran at the Silver Dome...
    Our goal here is to get as many Bang Shift members to come out first. We want this to be a Bang Shift event (unauthorized). I'm thinking that we will pit as a group in one area.
    Maybe we get the shell station groupies to run against?
    Dave
    69 Mustang ProStreet
    70 Torino

Comment

Originally posted by Dave D View Post
      Our goal here is to get as many Bang Shift members to come out first. We want this to be a Bang Shift event (unauthorized). I'm thinking that we will pit as a group in one area.
      Maybe we get the shell station groupies to run against?
      Would be sweet may be a few over on BBF... Mike mite be able to get some from MOPARTS

Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
      Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

I MIGHT be able to make it - would be the first shake down run with the falcon with three pedals - I have all the parts now just need the time to get them installed, check bell housing alignment, yada yada.
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
          I MIGHT be able to make it - would be the first shake down run with the falcon with three pedals - I have all the parts now just need the time to get them installed, check bell housing alignment, yada yada.
          There will be a lot of that going on... New combo's that is plus some new build's...

Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
          Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post

My favorite Falcon. Vince has been known to run at Ubly as well.
            Dave
            69 Mustang ProStreet
            70 Torino

Comment

Sounds cool, I'm in. There's a couple more guys at work who are members here, I'll mention it to them too. I ran my '69 Dart GT at the Roadkill Nights event at the Silverdome last summer, so it should be good to go. I'm hoping to have my '70 Challenger R/T ready to go by then too.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver68RT View Post
                Sounds cool, I'm in. There's a couple more guys at work who are members here, I'll mention it to them too. I ran my '69 Dart GT at the Roadkill Nights event at the Silverdome last summer, so it should be good to go. I'm hoping to have my '70 Challenger R/T ready to go by then too.
                Please let them know and have them respond here so they get updates when the plans are made. We are just two people away from going forward with the next steps to plan the date and details of the event.
                Dave
                69 Mustang ProStreet
                70 Torino

Comment

Dave, how stringent is tech going to be potentially? I ask because I have a bolt-in 4 point roll bar in the Mustang, just a hoop with a harness bar and diagonal brace with rear supports ... no bars going forward from the hoop. From what I remember, that is usually not legal at a sanctioned track.

Good to see some more interest in this happening.

thx,
                  Ed
                  Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                  07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                  88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

They are easy as most IHRA tracks are that I know. They will let you go about 0.5 to 1.0 faster than your equipment. You will need basic things like most tracks but if your car runs straight and doesnt leak fluids you should be okay. If you are in trouble with them you may need to just run 1/8th mile to make them happy. Racing will be 1/8th mile only.
                    If you are running quicker than your safety equipment and during a run your car gets out of shape you may be talked to especially if you try to drive the car back in without lifting. They are most concerned with the car going down the track straight.
                    I know someone that sprays their truck into the low 10's without a bar at Ubly on a regular basis. Now who do you think that person is?

Also tech inspection is done in line at the staging lane before your first run. I like the track owner and the workers, they are the best.

I hope I didnt say too much.
                    Last edited by Dave D; January 5, 2016, 06:34 PM.
                    Dave
                    69 Mustang ProStreet
                    70 Torino

Comment

For events Ubly sprays the track with PJ-1 thru to the 1/8th mile. It does hook.
                      Dave
                      69 Mustang ProStreet
                      70 Torino

Comment

Car has a pretty stock driveline, it'll be mid 13s at best if I can remember how to launch a car on street radials. Everything is good and safe on the car, it gets abused at road courses regularly, just never been down the 1320 with it.

Or, I could bring the Turbo Coupe and maybe do a high 15 if I thrash it!

cheers
                        Ed
                        Last edited by fast Ed; January 5, 2016, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fast Ed View Post
                          Car has a pretty stock driveline, it'll be mid 13s at best if I can remember how to launch a car on street radials. Everything is good and safe on the car, it gets abused at road courses regularly, just never been down the 1320 with it.

Or, I could bring the Turbo Coupe and maybe do a high 15 if I thrash it!

cheers
                          Ed
                          I'm not sure that you'll need a helmet but you should bring one anyway. You will have a number of runs at test to get the launch right.
                          Dave
                          69 Mustang ProStreet
                          70 Torino

Comment

Yup, I would certainly pack the full face lid I have for instructing / Chumpcar duties.

Comment

Depending on the date, I will try to make it out. I am on track to finish my Maverick for Autorama. This would be a good chance to test it.
                              If it was easy, everyone would do it.

Brighton, MI

Comment

Hi Mike! Good to see you on the Forum (I know you're a busy man).

I don't think we're planning to be in MI then but if that changes I'll get back to you. Might be running ME's HHR but at least I can go down the track! It would be fun to run Mutt but that's even more doubtful. Sure would be great to see a bunch of BSers, though.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X