Long tube headers not for sale in CA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long tube headers not for sale in CA?

Anybody hear anything on this? A guy on the Mustang forum in CA went to order a set from Summit. He said the salesman they're not allowed by CA law rod sell longtubes in CA for street cars. Shorties are ok. Mind you this is a 60's car not a 2016.

The guy on the forum said the law has been in effect since Jan 2015 according to the Summit salesman.
    Last edited by Huskinhano; December 28, 2015, 08:47 AM.
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Yap that's the deal, no long tubes.
    The Green Machine.
    http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Comment

Wow, that sucks. Glad I live in PA
      Tom
      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Glad I live in Indy. Well ......maybe shortys would be so bad for Socal weather . I'd probably resort to having someone getting me a set from the ohio store and then sending them to me .
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Is the law just the sale of long tubes, or does include the use of long tubes?
          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

And if the car is to be used off road ?
            Seems to me the rights of the buyer have been violated.

Comment

What?? I haven't heard that...

Comment

I do not believe that is possible.
                isn't april 1st in april.

we'll treat cali like ISIS eventually, and fly in with long tube header'd powered aircraft to decapitate, dismember and mutilate.

I learned something bout nature.
                if there is a wall of mountains, weirdos that got kicked out of normalcy hide on the other side of them.
                Last edited by Barry Donovan; December 28, 2015, 12:47 PM.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Hahaha good one ! No offence to actual car guys trapped on the other side .
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

OK, why did they pass that law?
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Because it's California and they can.

Nick
                      Last edited by nickleone; December 28, 2015, 02:26 PM.

Comment

I wonderror if you get in trouble for custom fabricating LTs?
                        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                        1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                        ​​​​​​

Comment

Makes no sense (and remember, I'm a professional tree hugger from way back). If the headers retain all the original functions (AIR fittings, for example) there is no reason to ban them. And on an older car there's NO justification. They probably can't get away with banning shorties because Fox Mustangs and others came with them from the factory and banning shorties would mean that you can't replace a failed factory component.

No love lost between the EPA and CARB and this kind of stupidity is among the reasons why.

Dan

Comment

Unrealistic fantanics trying to force conformation to their errorous idealologies..
                            It's that simple
                            Those who don't know/understand force their unfounded fear on those fearless..

If they only KNEW headers actually SAVE gas.. They are hung up on noise..

Just the ramblings of someone wallowing in the pits today...

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                              Unrealistic fantanics trying to force conformation to their errorous idealologies..
                              It's that simple
                              Those who don't know/understand force their unfounded fear on those fearless..

If they only KNEW headers actually SAVE gas.. They are hung up on noise..

Just the ramblings of someone wallowing in the pits today...
                              Actually Bob, it's worse than that. They are actually forcing erroneous fears onto the CLUELESS. The majority of the decision makers in CARB are not car people or even engineers, they are policy wonks (as they're known in the business) - mostly Political Science majors and the like. If one seemingly coherent tech person can make what seems (to the ignorant) like a justification for whatever, the ignorant will climb on the train because they genuinely don't know any better.

In a Firesign Theater skit from years ago, a simulated Bible-pounding preacher makes the statement (with great gusto) "Give them a light and they will follow it anywhere." There you pretty much have it.

Sad, ain't it? (I need to say that this is my impression from 11 years ago when I retired. Is it different now? I doubt it.)

Dan
                              Last edited by DanStokes; December 28, 2015, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X