RIP David Bowie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP David Bowie

So I turn on the radio and I here Bowie. Then I here them talking about his accomplishments and more music. Heck, I know he just turned 69 on Friday and released a new album. Then after a commercial break, I hear them say he died last night. He had been battling cancer for the last year and a half and only a few people close to him knew about it. He had planned Dark Star as his final album to everyone.

Funny, when he made Golden Years in 76, he was 29. Seemed like he was an old man back then, close to 30, lol.
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

RIP. Major Tom to ground control........

He's just a couple of weeks older then I am so I always sort of related to him and lived vicariously thru him (if I'd been a rock star I'd have......). Peace to his family.

Dan
    Last edited by DanStokes; January 11, 2016, 11:34 AM.

Comment

an evolutionary in music..
      always a hero to remember.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

One of my favorite artists over the last 40 years, he always managed to stay relevant in the music world......

Comment

Originally posted by mrocketscience View Post
          One of my favorite artists over the last 40 years, he always managed to stay relevant in the music world......
          In fact, he released a new album just this month

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

a local band wrote about meeting him. I agree, and they were very nice. I actually heard them live in the 90s.

I was just wandering off on my own, musical family. Described as alien. "something from canada"..in a good way.
            to this day, any group that comes from that "alien" goes big. Bowie was almost personal in my music world when I was a kid.

the alter ego is all acting, and is absolutely hilarious.
            RIP

I do not play music today, I am a disabled veteran.. like a mixer board missing some functions. I know what is good ahead of time... seems to be a perfect record. pun intended.
            Very slow out there, too much war.
            Last edited by Barry Donovan; January 11, 2016, 01:29 PM.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I liked his music , could stand to look at him in all that -----ish make up. I really enjoyed his acting in movies. His was in the movie The Prestise with Michael Cain and a few othe big name actors . I beleive he played Tesela . Great movie. Hue Jackman , Scarlet Johanson , Christian Bale and Cain had nothing on him .
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I heard today at 6:15 in the morning when i woke up for work. My day has been shitty since.
                "I live for myself and I answer to nobody."

-Steve McQueen

Comment

A chrome-plated Mini design by David Bowie for the 40th anniversary of the car in 1999.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
                    I liked his music , could stand to look at him in all that -----ish make up. I really enjoyed his acting in movies. His was in the movie The Prestise with Michael Cain and a few othe big name actors . I beleive he played Tesela . Great movie. Hue Jackman , Scarlet Johanson , Christian Bale and Cain had nothing on him .
                    I love the Labyrinth.

Comment

Hi Joe!

Dan

Comment

I liked him, funny, clever, smart and best of all did not give one single f&^k about what people thought of him,....but I just did not care for his music save for a few songs....
                        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I was sad to hear also, he was a one of a kind. I've enjoyed his music since grade school.
                          Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Working...
                          X