R.I.P. Unique Performance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Unique Performance?

Ouch. Getting busted for VIN irregularities is not good.

Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Re: R.I.P. Unique Performance?

I hear it's worse than that, actually. Will be interesting to follow and see what's true and what ain't.

Comment

ouch.

"what do you mean I don't actually own the car I paid six figures for?!?"

YIKES.
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

<Crosses Fingers> Maybe they'll find a vin number on a '69 Firebird that matches the wrecked one that was stolen from me (it was non-opted and I still have the pink slip)..Common lets have a Merry Christmas (Fingers Crossed)

-My Uncle once had a '69 Charger with no drive train stolen from his storage unit, police found it a month later called him up and told him "Good news we found your car and it runs great" he of course replied "I'll be right there" ;D
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

What a disappointment if that is true.
          HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

I hate thieves.... Which works out well since I think they still shoot thieves in Texas for stealing Mustangs ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Stoneshrink
              I think they still shoot thieves in Texas for stealing Mustangs ;D
              lol Awesome Stone!

Link didn't work for me, but I hope the best for them...love their cars.

Comment

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I thought that Unique was taking these old wrecks of cars and totally going through them. Flood damage, bent frames, whatever it was my understanding that they were fixing all of that stuff and making the cars better than they ever were originally? I don't really understand about the vin change but didn't Shelby give the okay to re-brand these as actual Shelby's? Wouldn't that require a new vin?
                As far as people not getting there cars, that's completely different and if there is a problem there it needs to be looked at.
                "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

Been my experience that changing the VIN for any reason is a big no, no in most states. Law doesn't differentiate between old mustangs or chopped BMW's. If the car came with a VIN showing it's 289 auto and you customize the hell out of it; it still needs that same VIN. States way of tracking the life of the car.

Be a different story if they were building the car from scratch with one of Dynacorns bodies.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I would withhold judgement until the facts come out in the wash. You know the feds and other regulators are all over our hobby, so I for one am not ready to dog pile until all the info is in.
                    -dulcich

Comment

Steve... Freiburger said essentially the same thing here and in person.... gotta be honest... I don't know who these folks are...

Guess they don't hit the salt or Maxton much eh?

LOL

Hey dude...that F600 really should be running on more then 3 lungs...

K

Comment

Hope that it does not inpact are hobby. :'(
                        HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

Hey Turk, three lungs? I resemble that comment. BTW as a connoisseur of vintage medium trucks I'm compelled to correct you on the distinction here, the LN-series is the tall tilt-nose cab, while a F-Series is a conventional cab.
                          -dulcich

Comment

Probably won't impact the hobby any more then the idiot that runs from cops and thus increases the "call" for the ability of the police to turn your car off.

Comment

Guess it's bad when their website is shut down.

Comment

Working...
                              X