Remembering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remembering

My dad sat in his easy chair in front his 25-inch picture tube TV all of those years ago, he looked at me and said, "I can't remember anything. I can't remember people's names, I can't remember anything." He was frustrated by that.

I was 20-something at the time. I couldn't identify with that, but I knew Daddy was telling the truth, he never lied. He may have been wrong a time or two, but he never lied. Not in his life that I know of.

Well, I'm there. I can't remember stuff. People's names are the worst, and that's been going on forever with me. "Forget" that, that's not what it is. Unit's 2 years older than me and she can remember everything, in detail. Where we went, what we did, what somebody said....to me it's a blur. I have to believe what she says, because it's ....I have to believe it because I'm sure it's true if Unit says it. And she can remember stuff. And I know for sure that I can't.

So I guess, to carry on the tradition, I'm going to have to have to address Kenny, look him straight in the eyes and say, "Kenny, I can't remember anything."

But I don't know where he is. He's inside this house somewhere, but...
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Until you find him , you won't have to go there .
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I hear you on this ... names and faces of people, some that I've met multiple times, can't remember. Want to know the Ford part number for just about any common replacement part on your 25 year old Fox Mustang? Yup, no problem remembering those! LOL

cheers
      Ed
      Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
      07 Mustang GT with some stuff
      88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

I have "issues" remembering faces out of the usual context. The guy at the parts store, no problem. Run into him at the grocery store, no clue. Weird.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
          I have "issues" remembering faces out of the usual context. The guy at the parts store, no problem. Run into him at the grocery store, no clue. Weird.
          Dan
          That's normal....I hope...

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

That's normal....I hope...
            Yeah, that's "normal" for me at least. All the time, every day.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

When I was in the Air Force working on the flight line I came into contact with 40-50 different people a day for 4 years. Crew chiefs,engine guys,supervisors,then continuing to now. 15-20 a day. Except for maybe 10 people total I couldn't tell you any of their names. At different times I have made it a point to use peoples names ,on purpose, but I just can't do it. I feel it's disrespectful to people I interact with daily but my mind just goes blank.

As for your,and my,wifes ability to remember the smallest detail,well,thats what women do.
              Last edited by Cyclone03; January 24, 2016, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X