Charity support for BangShift fundraiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Charity support for BangShift fundraiser

We here are auto enthusiasts, I think we as a group should try to support our collective foundations. I know I support other endeavors in various forms. :-\
    Living the dream!

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk
      Or you could go to the mountains of the US and find some similiar issues...

K
      I'm with Keith. Ultimately it ain't my decision, but we have plenty of needy people right here in the U.S.
      "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Decisions, decisions.....Well.... Since I am exceedingly poor and one check away from being homeless. I should vote that way, I guess, But then again, I would be sleeping in the car u c at left, and keeping it legal would be paramount,so....SEMA sounds good. But then again, without my drugs, I'd be dead from Cancer, So would my Mom. HMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm.......
        Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by BangShiftChad
          Originally posted by KeithTurk
          Or you could go to the mountains of the US and find some similiar issues...

K
          I'm with Keith. Ultimately it ain't my decision, but we have plenty of needy people right here in the U.S.
          I agree completely. Many people in the US need help.
          Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

With all due respect to our fellow bangshifters, I really am tired of hearing about the various charities we could be donating to outside the US. Our country donates more to the needy and disaster victims more than any other country. I am afraid its time to start helping our own more than we have. I would be in favor of cancer charity as that hits all of us, car folks and all.
            Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

Well I voted for cancer, my reason. Everybody here has had someone touched by it in one way or another.
              I have supported Relay for Life for many years, also being involved in working for them in the past, and also donating tools for raffles for my customers to auction off. I have always felt this was a Christian and a very heartfelt organization.

Comment

I've been to enough 3rd world countries to say this without fear of contradiction. Our poor would be in the wealthy class of any impoverished nations. We do take care of our poor, nope they don't have a grand mansion, but they are far better off then anywhere else in the world. For example, I've worked for homeless shelters that closed because the people who were living outside didn't want to live inside (for as many reasons as there are people).

Finally, as a percentage of our money spent; we spend (in total) a pitance supporting the 5.7 billion other people in the world then we do the 300 million here.
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Everyone's got some good points here, thanks for the contributions!

Just to give some perspective, this fundraiser is one part of a slightly larger "giving back" plan. There was originally five of these box sets to be built, but the idea of a sixth one to be auctioned off on this forum came about when Spidey was having his troubles in the hospital and no one knew if he had health insurance.

There will indeed be some help going to Cancer charities here in Canada (where the book has been produced & printed), which will get a few "extra" modifications-namely, the boxes will be from red oak grown on the farm of a friend who recently left us from his battle with the disease. Depending on Customs regulation, the box for the Bangshift one will be made from Cottonwood grown on my own family's farm, or from the trunk of a '79 Camaro....

Comment

Cruisefever -
                    Something I don't think has been said and should be - THANKS for even thinking about paying it forward - and then doing it! Canadians have a reputation for being mean (in the British sense - means tight with a dollar) and I'm happy to see that you certainly don't fit that mold. Neither did my Canadian Great Aunt (Mom was born in Brantford, Ontario). I really respect you passing along what you can.

Dan

Comment

Thanks Dan, I really needed that today. Check your OPM inbox....

Comment

Working...
                      X