Family Fox Body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Fox Body

OK enablers, I'm not going to even ask you try to talk me out of this... http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...30#post1083330
    Here's more pictures: http://s1270.photobucket.com/user/BC...r-%20J%20Storm

What I want to hear is what y'all think of from the pictures and trusting the Craigslist advert is needed to make this a daily driver?

Second thing I want to run past y'all is basic upgrades. Right now the only thing I'd consider doing in the very near term would be to black out most of the trim and grill, can't make my mind up on the bumpers. Longer term I'm consider a 5-lug swap with SN95 front spindles and brakes, a Lincoln Mk VII rear axle, and Crown Vic 16x7 steelies. Anything I'm missing on making it a solid road car? Think Pro-Touring Lite. Remember I'm in CA and it has to remain CA legal.

Thanks
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

mod's are cake, plenty of aftermarket support...I like it...I don't think I have ever seen one so clean.
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

The only reason I'd try to talk you out of it is so I can buy it. I went so far as to look up making fiberglass plugs for the hood because it needs an Air Gap RPM on AFR heads, and I'm not sure it would fit under there.

FastEd had one of these I think, if he doesn't chime in, send him a PM. I think he's spoken to the LTD LX before but finding posts isn't all that easy on this forum.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Oh - personally, I'd start planning an AOD build... have a look at clickclickracing.com for the AOD 101. Unless it has documented fluid/filter changes, I'll just say that I've ruined two of them trying to do what I though was right (fluid/filter). I'd leave it alone if it hasn't been done religiously.

There are some good vids on Youtube for the AODE which is kind of similar enough that it will translate to pretty much everything but the valve body and converter lockup bits.

this is the best one if you can get past the slow and deliberate delivery style... I started laughing every time this guy says Trammision so I had to pause a lot. The information is excellent.

If you put a 225/60-15 or bigger tire on it, I'd ditch the 3.08's for 4.10's or 3.73's... personal opinion, of course, but I'd put a bunch of gear in it. The 16" pony's may rub in the front if you were to do that before the SN95/Lincoln bit. That's a clever idea with the CV steelies, using the offset to cover the wider track!
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

$3750 seems high to me . I'd find a crown vic for that money . Yeah I know the vic is a little heavier.
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

That better be in your driveway now.
            Tom
            Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
              $3750 seems high to me . I'd find a crown vic for that money . Yeah I know the vic is a little heavier.
              It might be a bit high, it's fallen $150 in the last few days and his Photobucket makes it look like he moves these cars as a hobby. However I don't have much of an attachment to Crown Vics unlike LTD's. We had one at where I worked as a mechanic in high school as a "company car". No idea what was under the hood (likely a V6) but I just loved it as a fun car to just bomb around in, do donuts, go to lunch, etc. Was a fun car that I have found memories of.

Other comments:
              No AFR heads or a AirGap intake, it must be CA smog legal. If I want to up the power I'd get a 87-93 HO MAF roller motor, however the dual snorkle air cleaner is pretty cool.
              I like the Crown Vic wheels mainly because they clear all brakes I might ever put on it and keeps the look of the stripper cop car. http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ies-on-the-car . I've found better pictures before but not now of the Crown Vic steelies with P71 hub caps on there.
              I'm happy with the idea of a 3.27 ratio from a Mk VII, while this isn't our interstate roadtrip car I would still want to take it to LA if needed for work.
              Central TEXAS Sleeper
              USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

id find some 10 hole wheels, start saving for a clutch pedal, and put a 5 speed in it.

but

10 holes, and drive it. thats what id do

or turbines

or pony wheels, but im more partial to silver

do you own it yet??????
                Last edited by 1badmonkey; February 4, 2016, 06:38 PM.
                Charles

Comment

Originally posted by 1badmonkey View Post
                  id find some 10 hole wheels, start saving for a clutch pedal, and put a 5 speed in it.

but

Not to be an "anti-gearhead" but I don't want a stick... The 10 holes do look good, I really like the Mk VII basketweaves and the later S197 BBS style wheels as well. http://forums.corral.net/forums/7263081-post5.html <-not the wheels I'd pick but shows that they fit.
                  Last edited by CTX-SLPR; February 4, 2016, 06:48 PM.
                  Central TEXAS Sleeper
                  USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

BREAK BREAK

We are getting ahead of ourselves on the mods.

What do you seen from the pictures and from the listing that would need attention before I drove it daily?
                    Central TEXAS Sleeper
                    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

only thing I can see from the photos, 10 holes and some better tunes. but that is looking at it from Iowa.
                      Charles

Comment

Originally posted by 1badmonkey View Post

but

do you own it yet??????
                        this
                        Charles

Comment

OK, fine tooth combing the add and the pictures
                          Is that rust on the bottom inside of the doors?
                          Do Fox bodies eat suspension pieces that I'm going to have to default to fixing (ball joints, sway bar links, etc)?
                          Think the R12 AC is just discharged or do you think it's got a major flaw that will need to be replaced?
                          Central TEXAS Sleeper
                          USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR View Post
                            What do you seen from the pictures and from the listing that would need attention before I drove it daily?
                            The seller doesn't have your money in his wallet, and it's not parked in your driveway yet.

Comment

BUY IT!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X