No announcement yet.

KYB vs. Bilstein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much trouble is it to change the shocks? It's going to suck to do all that work to install a set of cheap ass shocks and not like them. I suspect the Bilsteins are going to be the best compromise for cost and quality. I know when I bought them for my Mustang they had a street version, I think it was about $350 for a set of 4. The Sports I bought were the middle version, IIRC about $450 for four. The Track version and it still would have been a good shock.

I'm not trying to steer you just to Bilsteins, there are other good shocks, Koni, Viking QA1 but I think they'll be a lot more.
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I don't think they are too bad to change on the vette but still only want to do it once for a long time . I was leaning towards the bilsteins since it came with them. (Have the build sheet ) If half of you guys had of said I'm wasting my money , get the KYBs then I would have . I've put Monroe's on the GTA , seem to only last a couple years.
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I had KYB's on the front of my daily driven '73 Dart and Monroe Sensatrac shocks on the rear (the ones with the helper spring).

I went to adjustable Hotchkis shocks on the front, which was a night and day difference.
        On the rear I swapped to Bilsteins, which are a very nice shock for classic cars.
        Later I installed adjustable QA1 shocks on the rear in favor of the Bilsteins. The adjustability was a nice addition and notched the QA1 well over the Bilstein shock.

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Although KYB is always being compared, I still find a lot of positive feedback on Bilstein.

Comment

Originally posted by En-Gin View Post
            Although KYB is always being compared, I still find a lot of positive feedback on Bilstein.
            I spent lots of money and got some bruises putting a full Rousch suspension under my Mustang. Shocks, springs, sway bars. It lowered the car by an inch. It looks great, that stance.

On the street, all of that is bulls*&^%. For show. On the track, it's not all that great. Not that big of an improvement. Horsepower is better. But driver skill is everything. I don't have it, but I've seen it. While I was getting passed. On a race track.
            Last edited by pdub; February 12, 2018, 01:34 AM.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I THINK I'LL NEED TO BUY SOME NEW BILSTEINS FOR THE CURRENT VETTE ONCE THE REAR TIRES ARE REPLACED . NOT SURE WHY ONLY THE BACK TIRES NEED REPLACED . Sorry for shouting .
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                I THINK I'LL NEED TO BUY SOME NEW BILSTEINS FOR THE CURRENT VETTE ONCE THE REAR TIRES ARE REPLACED . NOT SURE WHY ONLY THE BACK TIRES NEED REPLACED . Sorry for shouting .
                Easy.. Heavy right foot, duh...

Comment

Working...
                X