Opinions on the Viper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on the Viper

The Dodge Viper. Its one of my all time favorite cars, and i hope to own one someday. You can pick them up used for well under 50k. What are your opinions on it? Poser car? Wannabe Ferrari? Lets hear it....

Re: Opinions on the Viper

they are ok , sound like an import
    I like the viper truck better

Comment

They are okay, but I don't think they are as daily driver friendly as say a Z06 or even an M6 BMW.

Comment

Overall not bad, except for the exhaust note. Sounds "like a tuba having sex with a vacumn cleaner" (Road and Track, IIRC)
        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

I can't stand the way they look. Kinda looks like the child of aforementioned tuba and vacuum cleaner.

Comment

The coupes look awesome and Lamborghini built the V10's if I remember. My only beef is that the wrong exhaust sounds horrible on them and they eat cam bearings (or the lack thereof). They need a serious horsepower infusion to back up the looks though... I've never driven one but I assume they handle really well.

Definitely a 10/10 classic.
            Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

They have a market, mainly amongst the gold-chainers that wanted something other than a Corvette, Ford GT(for the short time they were produced) or some Italian job.

Fast car for sure, but I just can't get into the weird thrum of 10 cylinders, be it foreign or domestic.

Comment

there is guy around here , has a hennessey turbo coupe viper - that one sounded good
                stock to stock - the z06 spanks it

Comment

Got to drive a coupe a couple years ago and I thought it was killer.

If you are buying it as a competition car, I'd buy a corvette Z06 instead like Spidey said, but if you are buying to it have somehting that will swallow the vast majority of stuff on the street whole, I'd all for it.

The Corvette is awesome, but sometimes it's ok to have a uni-brow, drag your knuckles on the sidewalk, and go club some seals for fun.

Buy it when you have the cash dude! Perma-grin is guaranteed.

Brian
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by milkovich
                    Lamborghini built the V10's if I remember.
                    I thought they were just an aluminium version of the truck engine, with minor tweaks. At least the early ones.

Comment

Chrysler owned Lamborghini back then, and they had Lambo do some of the design work for stuff like the block. I thought I had read that it's basically a stretched LA-motor.

Brian
                      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                        Chrysler owned Lamborghini back then, and they had Lambo do some of the design work for stuff like the block. I thought I had read that it's basically a stretched LA-motor.

Brian

What Brian said. They only did work on the original engine too if im not mistaking.

Comment

The Dodge Viper is a "Why-The-Hell-Not" car. It re-legitimized Chrysler.

An old friend bought an 800hp Hennesey but he lives in a different city and I ain't gotten by to get a ride. I've heard the stories though. I'm not sure if I want a ride...

Comment

Vette with an LS engine. Turbo or charge it and it would eat the viper for lunch and be a better alround car. .....and not sound like a 6cylinder milk truck

Comment

biggest issue I have is cockpit comfort. I have a 10.5 wide shoe, and basically have to take my shoe off to get the gas separate from the brake, the seat doesn't go back far enough and you feel like you're riding in a c4 corvette almost with the crazy high console and squeeze tight seating position (I'm 6'1 165lbs). Other than that they drive ok, they give no warning signs between sideways and donuts, and the frame is so stiff your teeth rattle.... but if you like the way they look, want a reasonable fast car for a large amount of money, like gold chains, and have something to make up for in the shorts area, its all you ;D
                              2jz supra all the way!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X