Fun With Furnaces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a rhetorical question, lol.

Spammer dug up an old thread, by the way.
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

I've recently learned that Lenox is like John Deere and Ingersol Rand - specific parts that they can charge a premium for.

Repair clinic didn't have the draft inducer motor I needed for a Lenox at one of the rentals, and if they did it was $465! Thankfully the HVAC guy we've found who does some work on the side was able to get one and install it for $265.

Thankfully the carrier units we have for the house and shop are high efficiency and use more "industry standard" parts.

Seems like most major appliances only last 15 years now, even though they cost more.

Learning what I have recently on the subject, I'm a carrier fan (several other brands all come down the same line I'm told)
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
        It was a rhetorical question, lol.

Spammer dug up an old thread, by the way.
        Funny how that happens. I got a new furnace and AC unit installed today.. The old Lennox started acting up a few weeks ago, so I said fuggit and pulled the trigger on new stuff. The install was scheduled for today, and the Lennox died peacefully last night, it was 31 lol. Talk about getting every last bit of life outta that thing! Now we have new Bryant stuff. It's nice, quiet, and new. Heats up quick, shuts off quick. Now I just gotta pay for it for the next 3yrs...

Comment

Rollin in dough, can afford it now and not the time away from work to fudge with it..
          Good deal!

Comment

Working...
          X