Myth busters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myth busters?

So I gotta ask... How many of you are jealous of those two yahoos... I mean they get to blow stuff up all day for a living... do scientific testing on Mento's and Diet Coke...

Talk about a dream job...

Keith ( I'd hire a slug of little oriental kids to do the math on abacus's cause that isn't my bestest part... )

Re: Myth busters?

Oh yeah I'm jealous !!! I liked it when the mounted the jet engine in the car and pointed it at a ramp towards some mountains. Unexpectedly (for them) it blew up on the ramp. That was cool, but $10,000 down the tubes ....

Comment

yep, another one of them Dream-jobs where someone actually pays you to have fun...

2 guys from the Netherlands are over there right now I believe.
      The have proven you can't tear apart 2 phone-books (yellowpages) when their pages are interleaved onto each other.
      They did try this overhere with 2 cars on either side of the books, trying to pull them apart.
      From one of the books the back tore off, but the loose pages didn't slide.

Created for a mythbusters contest.Two Phonebooks folded together are inseperable..Or are they?!This video won First Price!Thanks to everyone who voted for us!!

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlockMopar
        2 guys from the Netherlands are ... (trying to) .. prove you can't tear apart 2 phone-books (yellowpages) when their pages are interleaved onto each other.
        Created for a mythbusters contest.Two Phonebooks folded together are inseperable..Or are they?!This video won First Price!Thanks to everyone who voted for us!!
        I hadn't seen that one before - that is a really cool clip worth watching, thanks!

Comment

Yup, have to agree its one of my fav shows. Compulsive viewing and quite possibly the best job in the world

Comment

My favorite was when they anihilated the concrete mixer. That was way too much.

Comment

I liked the one where they were working on a Steam Cannon, for the full scale test they were only a mile or so out of San Fransico with the cannon aimed at the city. The whole time I was thinking, crap they don't know how far that thing is shoot, steam launches jets, this ball is going into some buildings. Fortunately for them they couldn't get it to build to the pressure they were targeting so they shot it at a lower pressure and were SHOCKED at how far it went at slightly over half the pressure they wanted. Blowing stuff up is always cool.
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

The chevy small block was also good, who would have though mothballs could be used as octan booster :D

Comment

Where do I sign up? My absolute dream job, except for the parts where they go up high (I'm a bit nervous at heights). I dod LOTS of fact checking/where do I get (whatever) in my job. I'd be great as a researcher. If I could do it from NC.

Dan

Comment

Jamie want big boom

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

;D

Comment

The chevy one reminded me of the episode where they were testing the different Gas Mileage Booster Gimicks. One even set the engine bay on fire. But the test that caught my interest was running the car on Hydrogen. They just layed a hose connected to a tank of hydrogen on top of the carbuerator and the car started! Was going smoothly until they revv'ed it up and it backfired. But for such crude fuel metering it was cool to see it work.
                      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by BillBallinger Sr
                        My favorite was when they anihilated the concrete mixer. That was way too much.
                        Definetly. IIRC all that was left was a tire, half the engine block, and the entire mixer portion about 400 yds away. Would kill to have that job.

And the redhead on that show...yowza.
                        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Hey I tear up crap for free, It would be nice to get paid for it!

Comment

Did anyone see the episode where they pulled a taxi behind a revved up 747?
                            Man, the taxi took to the air for 50 feet and must have rolled twenty times !!!
                            Way cool !!!

Comment

My favorite episode is still the one where they fired chickens out of an air cannon at an aircraft windshield to see if frozen chickens offered a more severe impact than thawed ones. Incredible!

Ron
                              It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Working...
                              X