Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's next?

Originally posted by Freiburger
    Bitchin', and no bash on your car in particular...but I think I just crossed the line over into "sick of retro lettering" territory. I love retro stuff, but it's getting so overplayed. I'm ready for whatever is next.
    So what is next? Sure hope its not the painful 70's vibe. I'll have to buy a set of slots and air shock extenders. : Count me out of that one.

What has not been done? What will come around again?
    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Re: What's next?

I actually see a rally vibe coming. Think the General Lee, without the General Lee vibe...taller stance, wide tires, capable of anything. Look toward mid-70's stuff for this one. I've actually thought about doing this with my Chevelle...just need those slot mags...
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

As in running off road?

Lotsa cars gonna get destroyed doing that... >
      The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

my take:

I think it's time to abandon specific build movementsin respect to what's "en vogue"...just build what you dig, build it well, and roll with it.

Sure, certain elements will stand out among others from time to time, but this whole "Flavor of the month/Ya gotta build it this way for the mags to pay attention" mindset is what's played out.

I will say this: the build/design cuesof the 50's and 60's will ALWAYS be cool to me.

Comment

Originally posted by tiresmoke!
          my take:

I think it's time to abandon specific build movementsin respect to what's "en vogue"...just build what you dig, build it well, and roll with it.

Sure, certain elements will stand out among others from time to time, but this whole "Flavor of the month/Ya gotta build it this way for the mags to pay attention" mindset is what's played out.

I will say this: the build/design cuesof the 50's and 60's will ALWAYS be cool to me.
          You pretty much said it for me.

Comment

Yep, I'm with Tiresmoke, do your own thing, build it the way you like it, I've always been that way. there are probably some people that laugh at my cars cause I'm still in the Pro-Street mode but tell somebody that really cares!

Comment

I've been hoarding every set of appliance and Western wheels I can get my hands on dreading the day everyone realized that "Corvette Summer" was a masterpiece.

Honestly though, I think I still have some time before we see rootbeer metallic paint, shag interiors, bubble flares and rally lights.

80's pro street is coming back strong. I freaking love those cars, they're the ones that initially corrupted my mind as a lad. The first time I saw a tubbed 3rd Gen camaro with a blower through the hood, I was hooked.

Look like you run 9's and DON'T... that's almost so lame it's bad ass in my book.
              Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

Originally posted by tiresmoke!
                my take:

what he said.......... ;D
                Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I got line on this van...discovered a roll of shag carpet in the back of the carpet store...

Comment

Originally posted by 457Brodix

Yep, I'm with Tiresmoke, do your own thing, build it the way you like it, I've always been that way. there are probably some people that laugh at my cars cause I'm still in the Pro-Street mode but tell somebody that really cares!

seriously? who would make fun of a smallblock car that can run 160mph and cruise with the radio playing like it's nothing? it wouldn't matter if your car was painted up like a Ringling Bros clown car. Badass is badass and that's all there is to it. I think the next big thing is "cars that actually run" because there's a shortage of those!
                    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
                      I think the next big thing is "cars that actually run" because there's a shortage of those!
                      Maybe in your garage....

:P

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I've got my Montego planned out to the last nut and bolt, I've got 99% of the parts and peices to build it. Including an awesome set of 14X8 Appliance Wire-Mags. If people dig it cool, if they don't, too bad. ;D
                        Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

ProStreet in my opinion. I got two of them in the works right now. ;)

Comment

I'm with no joke smoke on this one too.

what do you have in mind? BUILD IT!

I have and always will be a fan of aluminum slots - I only have 6 on hand at the moment - but that could change at any time.

What I am sick of are the super hi dollar pro built cars. They are inspiring, but they just show what cubic dollars can do.

I'd rather see more cars like what allot of guys are building here, taking what they have, a vision, and going with it.
                            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I'm not sure it's going to be a theme as much as a Way of life... and that is budget Hot Rods... will become cool... Bucks down hands on Hot Rodding...

junk like the Disco... ( course I think it's cool anyway... but what do I know )...

Comment

Working...
                              X