The pussification of America.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The pussification of America.

Watch both parts, my God some people are just idiots!

Part 1 of a clip from HBO's Real Sports program. Basically, stupid parents are trying to take all failure and disappointment out of childhood, inevitably lea...

Part 2 clip from HBO's Real Sports program. Basically, stupid parents are trying to take all failure and disappointment out of childhood, inevitably leading ...
    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Re: The pussification of America.

I love dodgeball.
    I got hit and was out and didn't feel humiliated. I wanted to get back in and do better.
    I hit other kids and didn't feel like a bully, I felt great self esteem and self worth for contributing to the team effort.
    It's a friggin' GAME people, that teaches kids healthy competition and team work, not to mention eye-hand coordination.

If "they" ban all sports and other events that may make kids feel bad about themselves, what will motivate them to strive to do better?

You can bet when our kids move out into the real world, business will not ban activities for the same reasons.
    It's murder out there and we will do our kids a great disservice, if we do not prepare them for it early on.
    I just hate to think America is going to the sissy's !!
    my 2-cents for what it's worth.
    :P

Comment

I'm with Monster, It's quite appalling to be honest.
      No wonder things are getting crazy.
      If we can't teach children how to loose in tag, how are they going to
      do when they loose their job,home,family.
      These are horrible things that happen to a lot of us.
      No wonder all the little brats are so self absorbed they can't see
      past tomorrow. I wonder how much of this shit influences The crazy's that
      do things like columbine,paducah,and Virginia tech. These guys can't deal with a bully
      or loosing a girlfriend.Which is fine just kill yourself not others.
      Sorry bout my rant. :

Comment

WTF In life theres winners,losers,and also rans.We all want a level playing field but there is no such thing.
        As for bullys in the 9th gread one triped me I cracked my knee& broke my nose.Nothing was done.
        10 th gread I sent him over the hand rail down 2 flights of stairs damn he got up,but he stayed clear of me even at 20 year class reunion.
        If you think these people have the right idea then you may have to turn in your common sense card.Then use the other bathroom ;)
        terry

Comment

I agree, luckily these individuals have not influenced my daughters grade school. My daughter is no where near a tom boy, but she likes playing dodge ball, tag, kickball, etc. She gets upset when she loses, but realizes someone has to win/lose that why it is a game.
          Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

My children are very competitive, and I encourage it.........ironically enough, my middle child(my only daughter) is a DEMON at dodgeball.

;D

Comment

I agree with the fact that teens can't deal as well with issues today, and it is underscored by a few things recently. Saturday, a thirteen tear old from a local school hung himself. Two months ago, a sophomore student at another committed suicide. The verdict for both cases: being picked on. I have been picked on a lot. Maybe not as much as some, because I have been homeschooled. In my experience, when I have been picked on for doing something, It was usually because someone didn't know what I was doing, or didn't know what they were doing. My parents have MADE me be involved with many different things. Civil Air Patrol, Martial Arts, I play the guitar, and I can beat most adults at chess. Along the way, I learned a lot of things. I lost a LOT of chess. I mean a LOT. I wanted to quit CAP for a long time. I still end up flat on my butt when I am sparring. And I can't play piano. Or sing. And I am no good at gymnastics. Or jump rope. But I am a Cadet Captain, have my black belt, and I can sort of play the guitar. When I lost at things I usually worked to get better.

Comment

Thats why I'm glad my grandson like sports. He knows how cool it is to hit a home run ball and how it stings to strike out. I like taking him to the drag strip - drag racing is a great way to learn humility. I'm fortunate to have a lot of win stickers on the car. And for every one, there's a lot of losses and damn nears. Last weekend grandson came on Friday and I got in the gamblers. I went -.006 red and on the dial with a 9 first round. He was disappointed, but we still had a great time. I try to remind him that if you never try, you won't win so we have to keep trying. He's had his pic in the winner's circle with me, so he knows both ends of that too.

My favorite quote that I use - win or lose - to keep me grounded: Theodore Roosevelt -

"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

Comment

Jumping rope without a rope. Nice. Can they play Guitar Hero for music class? Air hugs? Even France isn't that pathetic.

When I watch stuff like this I wonder if this country will see it's 300th anniversary.
                  Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

Quick, buy shares in cotton wool! :P

Comment

I feel ya, no "smear the queer", or any of the games I remember from school.
                      Kids don't care anyways, no computer involved with these games. ;D

Comment

"where you one of those kids that were cowering in the corner?" ha, that's exactly what I was thinking

Yeah, it's getting ridiculous, I started getting bad when I was in school, I can only imagine what some of my younger cousins are going to have to put up with. Lucky they have us older cousins to rough 'em up and show them what it's like to lose, because they won't in school anymore.

Comment

1 I still remember Heavy Petting in School, and look at me now.
                          2. It felt good to take someone off thier feet with the Mighty Red Ball of Death.
                          3. Did you know you can tie people up with the Rope to.
                          4. I wonder if I will get a Ticket if I ride my bike around the block without a Helmet?
                          5. I bet that Lady Teacher touches her Husband when she goes home.
                          6. Our neighbor kids line up against the fence and play Dodgeball, I'm going to tell them to pretend to throw the Ball.
                          7. Indoor Voices everyone...
                          8. Say please and talk back...
                          9. Stop touching...
                          10. Walk in and Start Shooting!

With and Air Gun of course.

Comment

"where you one of those kids that were cowering in the corner?" ha, that's exactly what I was thinking

Maybe when I was 6-7, after that I was dangerous.

Comment

So if there can't be any sport with just one winner, then I guess the Olympics are now going to be done with air.
                              What is wrong with these people? So air football is next? Damn this stuff makes you want to slap some brains back into their heads, Or slap some sh*t out. Just my opinion.
                              OH YEAH
                              Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

Working...
                              X