Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    For hot rods, I watch Gas Monkey Garage.

I agree about the non-renewal... there's little point.

Leave a comment:

• Thumpin455
    replied
    Ended my sub to HRM three or four years ago. I know how to build a chevy, I don't need a monthly publication to show me more of them.

Leave a comment:

• cobra
    replied
    If you want to see true hot rods, Hop Up magazine has started back up. They are on their fourth issue, four per year. They are expensive, $60 a year for four issues, but it is a quality mag with great pics and it's mostly articles. Even the few ads at the back are cool and look old school.

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    I've been feeling the same way lately. Although I recently looked through an issue of MT, and was surprised at how really bad it is. Not the magazine, really, but the modern trends in motor cars.

although I'm a bit perturbed that you mentioned this subject when there's a picture of my Hot Rod in the magazine!

Leave a comment:

• Runner1972
    replied
    I cut my subscription awhile back.

Leave a comment:

• Loren
    started a topic No Hot Rods in Hot Rod

No Hot Rods in Hot Rod

Remember when you'd pick up a copy of Hot Rod to flip through and one of the coolest things was, articles about hot rods? Something somebody built out of a regular car with unique ideas, tricks, etc. and maybe you'd just gawk or perhaps it was inspiration to build something of your own?

The latest issue of the magazine named after that-type car has Engine Masters plus more about a Chevy engine you can buy, some odd pics of neat things, coverage of their Drag Weekend event and as is typical there's lots to read about new Camaros and Mustangs you can buy. Some words about fuel (good) and, oh, the Marlan Davis stuff...always appreciated except that if a guy with a famous name doesn't know how to put a starter in his car, I'm not sure how much I care about that.

Apparently these "hot rod" things are either getting really hard to find, or our new editor just doesn't come across many in his I-wanna-be-Motor-Trend world, or maybe all the advertisers selling hot rod parts (not so many now) aren't demanding that cars using their parts are featured and letting Weather Tech floor mats do the driving.

Should I really be bothering to subscribe to this any more?

[/rant]
Working...
X