No announcement yet.

No Hot Rods in Hot Rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep it was mixed in, almost got me!! Like they say ain't nuttin free! Kinda like the old bait and switch.
    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
      Well I don't have time this morning for my usual 1,000-word rant, but I got the next new issue of Hot Rod a couple days ago and...

...Whew. Far better, some bitchin' cars and stuff.

I don't know what happened last month, but I was afraid I was gonna have to start asking guys in Mo i Rana or someplace to start sending me their old car rags so I had something cool to look at.
      Hahaha .Maybe the staff at HR saw my pics,and felt the competition around the corner ;).Anyway,if you PM me your adress,i will send you some rags from this side of the pond.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        Blazerteam - Good to hear from you! I've been working with Goran Lindgren (Dieselmeken) in Sweden as I install my new SuperPump so I'm feeling sorta Nordic. The next time you're near Sweden please wave at Goran for me. How are your projects?

And I agree with Loren - the new HRM IS better!

Dan
        Im still around here Dan,but the Chevelle is just resting a little.I bought the Avalanche,and have been messing with it for the last months,I bought a new detroit slip for the Chevelle last month,so i guess it will roll again in a few weeks.Its as usual around here..cars and cars ;).

Your new diesel pump will do its work .

Prövades lite lätt dagarna efter ett besök hos Dieselmeken som fixade pumpen. Bilen körs på bara 1,5 bars ladd i dagsläget medans pumpen levererar soppa för ...

Comment

still hoping for a revival of real hot rod,,, we have to look harder for the fresh or original combination of ideas, but, once in a while you see one...
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

It goes through phases - honestly I think the stupidest thing they did was accept money from Mopar. Close second is their pay-video - why would I pay for them when I've got cable (well, sat tv, but same thing)? I know HR TV failed, but that was because it sucked - but honestly, go back to being a TV show with Roadkill and HR Garage, leave the rest of the crap on YouTube, tell Mopar to take their sponsorship and provide "tech" like everyone else.... back to the status quo. Of course, then they'd have to open up their own bar and grill, but they don't have a cool logo; so I'm not sure what they'd do with that....
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Yes it does go through phases -- and this current one cannot end soon enough (if it's going to end at all) . Since letting my HRM subscription run out I've signed up to Traditional Rod and Kulture, it only comes out four times a year but is nicely done and fairly diverse: rods, customs, bikes, old school drag racing, art, etc. It has spelling mistakes and not a lot of front-line ad content so not everyone's cup of tea, but I like it.
              Last edited by mlcraven; March 21, 2016, 04:34 PM.
              Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Working...
              X