Road trip: The Big Apple or bust!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road trip: The Big Apple or bust!

Hey, I'm going on a road trip next week. Headed to the Big Apple, for a high school robotics competition. I'm hauling the robot and stuff in my 57 Suburban. Should be a fun trip....
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

that is awesome.
    I drove around as a passenger in a 56 that was used all year..an old wrecker.

Never even close to replicated. the sights and sounds.
    no synchromesh, the hood shape makes a cathedral orchetra out of even a little 283...the cold weather makes that loud.

sounds like a fun trip, enjoy.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Safe travels,
      Have no breakdowns nor flats
      Shock folks on the road and at the Robotics place!
      Above all..HAVE FUN!

Comment

Fingers crossed for a great trip and happy roboting (is that a word?). Please keep us in the loop when you can.

Dan

Comment

When and where? I work for the Englewood SD, we have a robotics class. I'll have to ask the teacher if he's going. Englewood is about 5 miles from the GWB
          Tom
          Overdrive is overrated

Comment

FIRST Robotics Competition at the Javits Center, Mar 11-13.
            My fabulous web page

Comment

Hmmm, I live in PA just north of Scranton but work in NJ during the week. The wife is planning on coming to NJ during the week around then. Have EZ Pass? tolls get expensive there when paying cash. The GWB is $15 cash, $10 EZ pass I'm sure the rest of NYC is equally expensive. FYI, not sure exactly where you plan on going but there is construction on the Harlem River drive around the 80's to the Tri Boro bridge. Traffic is nuts there, rush hour starts about 5:30 AM
              Tom
              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I'm getting reimbursed for my travel expenses, so I'll probably just pay cash for the tolls. I have to get to the hotel nearby, then mostly we'll be walking around.
                My fabulous web page

Comment

Have you ever been to NYC before?? If not, here's some tips. Keep money in your pocket, not in a wallet. Keep it where you can reach into your pocket, without taking all of it out, and grab a bill. i fold up a roll of $20's like this. Just reach in, pull one out. this way, people don't see what you have. always look around at your surroundings, watching what's going on. Not like a tourist taking in sights, but just pay attention to the people around you.
                  58 Plymouth Sport Suburban. 526 cubic inches of angry wedge! Pushbutton shifted 9 passenger killer!!"

Comment

Stop HERE at Weeville on the way there. One free room available. But we're probably a bit too far northwest of the corridor....but it's a genuine offer, we'd love to meet you.
                    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Safe travels Jim - -
                      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Went to NYC 'way back in the seventies w/ parents...wow, the traffic...but people were being friendly to us seeing our out-of-state plates (Illinois where we bought the van but of-course we were from a lot farther away than that). 2X on what S. S. says. My parents in their many travels used to even keep fake wallets (a little spending money, old ID and cards) while in the cities.

Comment

Travel safe Jim and may the cruise control work without issue
                          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Auto theft is real Jim.

Comment

Yup. Life is real. Enjoy it while you can.
                              My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
                              X