Here's what's really great so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's what's really great so far

I've been reading all the posts and also all the member profiles. There are only 337 of us on the boards right now, but what's really exciting to me is that we have retro guys, drag-race guys, Power Tour people, import guys, bike fans, a sand drags topic, some guys thinking about Rally. We've got Chevy, Ford, Buick, Mopar, and Pontiac fans. This is really Car Junkie stuff!

I'm glad to see all the variety with no arguing. The internet is mostly successful with super-niche topics. But instead of going niche, it's our hope that this site will be the access point for people interested in all sorts of facets of the gearhead world. Looks like we're on the way. We just need another million people who see it the same way. Spread the word.

Thanks again to all of you!

Re: Here's what's really great so far

Donīt forget me, in a foreign land.
    Iīm going to miss reading your editorials, any chance of carrying them on here ?

Comment

Sure hope it stays that way as that million rolls in. There's lots of places to get brand bashing and ego, don't need another one.

Comment

I think a lot of us already know eachother (or of eachother) which helps.I gotta be honest though. Anymore, it feels like non-millionaire car guys with dirt under their nails who've actually been to a junk yard (not online) is a niche unto itself.

I guess we're in the honeymoon phase. Eventually the political idealogues, the attention whores, and the trolls will start to filter in. It's inevitable. I certainly don't envy the job of moderating a board like this one bit.

Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

Originally posted by milkovich
          Eventually the political idealogues, the attention whores, and the trolls will start to filter in. It's inevitable.
          You're not supposed to say that out loud.

Let's all promise not to tolerate that stuff.

Comment

I like whores though ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Tommygun
              I like whores though ;D
              Me too... Can you say Craigslist??? :o

Comment

Originally posted by milkovich
                I think a lot of us already know eachother (or of eachother) which helps.I gotta be honest though. Anymore, it feels like non-millionaire car guys with dirt under their nails who've actually been to a junk yard (not online) is a niche unto itself.

I guess we're in the honeymoon phase. Eventually the political idealogues, the attention whores, and the trolls will start to filter in. It's inevitable. I certainly don't envy the job of moderating a board like this one bit.

I find myself here more than the "other" forum we went to after HR screwed the pooch just because of this :

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                  We've got Chevy, Ford, Buick, Mopar, and Pontiac fans. This is really Car Junkie stuff!

Thanks again to all of you!
                  : and OLDSMOBILE ;)

Comment

d_t, that other forum (after HR) has been quite a soap opera for some time now. With DF and Chad at the helm I don't see this place going in the crapper anytime soon. The simple fact that with the diversity of interests among the members and no bickering going on speaks volumes about the character(s) who've signed up so far.
                    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

I just left for a minute... really....

So wait... we're road tripping whores to Where in an Olds?

Comment

If you have to ask...
                        "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Yeah Matt.... I hear ya... but... there I was, and then... and she said... oh hell you get the picture...

The one thing that was said in the fray there was "WE GET TO PICK"... Simply stated Assholes aren't required and often aren't desired...

There is a fine line between Passion and thin skin.... Type A and simple Jerk... best to let the powers that be "filter"... but letting them know they need to is absolutely our place and requirement.

One of the things I've done on an e-mail list is require that we be polite to each other... disagree politely if you must... but if you really have something negative to say... do it off the site.

It's not worked all the time... but it's been pretty good.

K

Comment

I really like all the BIG cars I have seen on here so far, I dont feel so out of place on here. ;D

Comment

Henry.... an LS1 in a freaking Caprice... come on... this place is being Built for people like YOU...

K

Comment

Working...
                              X