The HR Specials (Plural)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The HR Specials (Plural)

As I've read the recent articles on Bob Peterson and Wally Parks, the "Suddenly" HR Special Plymouth has, of course, come to the fore a bit. Then, with the final article on the Camaro HR Special, I got to thinking. These two are really more alike than different, and they both have been great race cars and great ambassadors of our sport. Whether you like LSR, drag racing, AutoX, or whatever, a clean, quality car that represents for all of us is an asset than speaks for all of us.

Bottom line - I think the Camaro is a worthy successor to the Plymouth, and I hope HR doesn't wait another couple of decades to pull this rabbit out of the hat again. History is history, and exists to be built upon.

Thoughts?

Dan

Re: The HR Specials (Plural)

I agree the specials are more alike than different.But still when I think Hot Rod Magazine Camaro I immediately think of the red '67!

Comment

The Camaro is a fun car.... we've decided to continue that, by racing it.

K

Comment

Yeah!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk

K
          Hey Keith are you guys still going to call the Camaro the HotRod Special, or are you going to be changing the name to the "CarJunkie Special".

Comment

We can't continue to call it the Hot Rod Magazine Spl. (and why would we?).

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
              Exactly. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk

K
                What else would ya do with it? Way too heavy for yard art!!!

Comment

Not in Alabama (or NC, for that matter). We see 'em all the time as yard art. There's even the occasional old NASCAR hulk in someone's yard.

Dan

Comment

Shouldn't the Camaro be in a museum or or on some kind of hotrod tour? It could be on one of those giant turntables with pictures of the record setting drivers and some young hottie telling everyone about all the things it's done.
                    Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by std
                      Shouldn't the Camaro be in a museum or or on some kind of hotrod tour? It could be on one of those giant turntables with pictures of the record setting drivers and some young hottie telling everyone about all the things it's done.
                      I doubt that will happen as long as DF, KT and CR are fit to drive it. And by the time they're not, JF will be ;)

Comment

These kinds of quesitons are a lot more complicated then you might think....

In my heart the car has no value unless it's in a musuem or on a race track... and since we're still alive and kicking... we might as well continue it's history...

The car actually hauls ass if you havn't noticed... and Since Chad isn't in the 2 club at Bonneville... well we should take care of that... He does have to set a record at Bonneville though... hmmm we should be able to accomplish that... I think

Keith

Comment

I'm amazed that Chad doesn't already have a record. But maybe in Texas, the thing with farm animals is legal?

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                            Alright, anyone have name suggestions?

Comment

Turkey Burger Racing?

Car Junkie TV Spl.?

Comment

Working...
                              X