Burnt LG 50" LED TV, Read This If You Own a LED TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tedly was just talking about idiots on "Random Thought"
    Do idiots come out of hibernation in spring?

Why didn't he wrap the strips in wax paper?

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
      Tedly was just talking about idiots on "Random Thought"
      Do idiots come out of hibernation in spring?

Why didn't he wrap the strips in wax paper?
      It sure seems like the idiots are coming out of the woodwork, that's for sure.
      I have no idea what possessed him to wrap these up in tissue paper.
      I understand protecting them during shipping but seriously? Tissue paper?!?!?
      I'm gonna ask for some money back on this deal, that's for sure!

Anyway, I don't give up that easily. I fixed the strips I needed, and mounted them inside the TV with new adhesive backing..

Here's the end result...

The color bar test (I guess I put the diffuser panels in in the correct order)

Metalocalypse test BRUTAL... (With TV not yet fully assembled)

Reassembled and fully functional. (So far so good, sorry for the FORD commercial )

Well that's that for now I guess. Hopefully the repair holds up and we get a lot of use out of this TV.
      And I hope fellow Bangshifters found this thread useful. Don't shit can your TV, figure out what's wrong with it first.

Comment

Originally posted by tardis454 View Post
        So, I got the LED strips today, and,.. the fugging asshalf seller wrapped all of them in tissue paper! The strips are held in with an adhesive backing, and when you put tissue paper on them, and try to remove said tissue paper is ruins the backing, on ALL OF THEM! The seller is in South Carolina, and I had some choice words regarding his intelligence or lack of after seeing how he wrapped adhesive backed strips in TISSUE PAPER! I contacted the seller with photos and the question of what the hell possessed him to wrap adhesive backed LED strips in fugging tissue paper! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!! And here I was hoping to have this TV fixed tonight... If the seller doesn't resolve the issue then I may have to file an eBay dispute..

WTF, seriously, WTAF?!?!

They kinda look like extra-long tampons........
        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post

They kinda look like extra-long tampons........
          I can't begin to tell you how pissed I was when I saw that Chris.. This dude owes me some money back... I made them work though.

Comment

Super cool thread Eric. Thanks for sharing it. Hope everything is going well, at least other than sticky tissue paper. (Can't emoticon from iPad for some reason...)
            Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
            X