Today's news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's news

I was just informed that not all parts-counter-professionals (counterpros) are sasquatches, that some might be monkeys or even homo-sapiens.... who knew?
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

That is correct, they are usually varying degrees of sasquatchian.
    I'm probably wrong

Comment

it is a fact that not all are Sasquatches...some are from various primate families but others are relatives of the bovine and rodentia families.....
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I left my wallet at the O'Reilly's last week (dropped outta my hand while I was messing with the bag) and the gal behind the counter saved it for me. I feel like an idiot now for only rewarding her $20.

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
          I left my wallet at the O'Reilly's last week (dropped outta my hand while I was messing with the bag) and the gal behind the counter saved it for me. I feel like an idiot now for only rewarding her $20.
          Better check your credit card and debit card balances...

Comment

Thanks, Bob, for making me all questioning and suspicious now and otherwise ruining my faith in humanity and young women. Now I'll have to do that.

But hey, there was like $500 cash in it (we were about to head out for a weekend) that she surely could've used and it was all there when I got it back.

Comment

Sorry Loren... Better to find out now and have something left than later and nothing..
              You probably are ok... Most people are honest.. Just the few azzholls get th news! ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

Better check your credit card and debit card balances...
                I checked mine today, and as much as I hate it, that stupid work thing is good for making happy bank account.

Oh - you mean the people ripping off your cards. I like to believe there are some decent folks in the world still. Sometimes we are rewarded for keeping the faith.

That'd be one hell of a conniving cow though - leave the 500 bones there, and slowly tap the credit cards over time for thousands! Most thiefs don't have that kind of foresight. The others have a name... STOCK BROKER!

j/k. I kid.

/edit

Oh ... Loren? People who don't F* you over, but instead, take care of you don't care about the 20.00 so much as you gave it... it's a token gesture on your part to show your appreciation, and a good person who goes home feeling good about themselves and life. It will still buy a twelve pack and tacos, which any good parts person should consider a pretty damn good night! I know I would have when I was working a parts counter... I've been able to save some people from bad situations before, and been rewarded for it. It was never about the money, it has always been a greater reward to just be recognized for being decent. I never expect anything back so even an "attaboy" goes for eternity. Likewise, I've been saved from my own dumbassery more than once and it's just a good feeling to know not everyone is out to stick it to you.
                Last edited by Beagle; March 22, 2016, 06:13 PM.
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                X