CarJunkie in need of advice on shipping a motorcycle. Phoenix to Dallas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CarJunkie in need of advice on shipping a motorcycle. Phoenix to Dallas

Here is the 1978 CB750f that we have purchased. (certified money order is in the mail). This bike will serve as a parts bike and has almost everything we need. What is funny about this bike is that all the missing/worn out pieces, we have already bought with very few exceptions.

Here she is in all her glory.

Considering this bike has almost all the parts we need to finish, it is a great deal for us.

there is one problem,
    the bike is in phoenix and we are in Dallas.

We have looked up shipping companies but so far the quotes have been staggering. (as i figured) As a last resort, we will drive there ourselves and pick it up but i was wondering if anyone knows of a cheaper way to ship this thing. Im hoping the CarJunkie community can shed some light on the situation. Please respond! any input/advice is much appreciated!

Re: CarJunkie in need of advice on shipping a motorcycle. Phoenix to Dallas

How soon do you need it?

Cause... there's a Disco Nova in La that needs to be in Alabama...

normal route for me is through Pheonix on to the way to Dallas... Hmmm

Keith ( I'm betting you'd at least pitch in some gas money )

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk
      Keith ( I'm betting you'd at least pitch in some gas money )

sounds like someone making an offer to help out.

Comment

That sounds a GREAT proposition! when will you be passing though Dallas? We don't need it right away but the guy we bought it from said he would hold it for 30 days. If its not much past that i could probably talk him into holding it for longer. We would GLADLY pay you. No problemo.

Comment

Working...
        X