I've REALLY Made a Mess in the Kitchen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've REALLY Made a Mess in the Kitchen

Happy Easter everyone! We're sitting around over here at Weeville being old and boring. Kenny took Unit's computer chair, and pets rule, so Unit's hacking on the laptop on the couch since she has no available chair. We have no race track to go to, GHI is not happening yet, it's rape and murder going on over here (screwing off and killing time).

Spaghetti. You can't make just a little bit of spaghetti sauce if you're making it yourself. It has too many parts. You can't make a little bit of anything that requires so many ingredients. The biggest pot we have, filled to the top. It can't hold any more stuff. And I had one onion and one can of tomato paste left over after a big buggy-full run to the grocery store. Bought every spaghetti-looking thing they had.

Here's my shirt. The whole kitchen looks like this. The walls, the stove top, the whole room...

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000409.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	1094210

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

I don't think this will all fit into the freezer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000410.JPG
Views:	21
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	1094215

Comment

You two cook like I do! Make a whole bunch of it and freeze it for later.
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

happy Easter PW and sueunit. Pasta party!
        Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

mmmm.
          I make chop suey by the ton.
          good stuff.

happy easter.

Today was lamb (rib) and ham and fancy things for me..

my back hurts down the middle.. rare event.
          I went thin for too long, the big meals and weight gain plan found I have a bad back.
          it just happens to be easter to happen.

I am sure there is a purpose for this day..

philosphy somehow..wisdom... with timing.

thin too long reveals a busted back of abuse.
          easter fortune cookie...?
          maybe.
          Last edited by Barry Donovan; March 27, 2016, 07:54 PM.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Our kitchen remained untouched for Easter cooking. Along with a bunch from ME's church we went to a really great Indian place near our house and had a feast! But you could ship a serving or two of your sauce over here - it looks great! (Freeze it then put it one of those freezer shipping packs - ought to arrive OK).

The solution for the kitchen - pressure washer! The shirt, however, may be a goner though ME takes personal pride in extracting ANY stain from ANY garment so toss the shirt in with the frozen sauce and we'll see what she can do.

Looks like you had fun in a messy sort of way.

Dan

Comment

My wife is of Polish decent. Sooo, pork, kielbasa, beet, potato salad and a bunch of other tasty stuff.

Dan, Indian? We actually celebrated Easter on Saturday due to family, traveling and kenneling the dogs. If it wasn't for all the leftovers, my wife and I were going to go to our local Indian. The place we go to has very good food. I love the vegetables.
              Last edited by Huskinhano; March 28, 2016, 08:58 AM.
              Tom
              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                But you could ship a serving or two of your sauce over here - it looks great! (Freeze it then put it one of those freezer shipping packs - ought to arrive OK).

Dan
                I think we can make that happen Dan, sans the shirt, PM me your sail addy. I've noticed they sell dry ice at the local Publix store.

I wonder if I'll have to lie about what's in the box so they'll ship it? I can say car parts, very cold car parts....I forget what they ask you at the counter when you're shipping stuff, some stuff they don't want...

Comment

Basically no aresols and drugs as well as flameables....

Comment

'Tain't flammable - is it?

I'll send a PM - don't recall if I have your Email so PM it is. Love me some 'sketti! Hope you don't mind if I use angel hair.

EDIT: PM sent!

Dan
                    Last edited by DanStokes; March 28, 2016, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Not that I want to bump this thread, or anything like that.....but I'm just wondering......has anybody else in this whole entire world ever tried to mail somebody else some frozen spaghetti sauce? I'll bet everybody's done that. I'll bet I'm the last one to do it. Just sayin.....
                      Last edited by pdub; April 5, 2016, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Well, it doesn't take much more time to make a lot of tomato sauce than it takes to make a little - but I don't see it carried to that extreme too often. I haven't made homemade spaghetti sauce too often, but a lot of the stuff you buy in jars has a bit too much sugar in it for my taste (I think the ideal amount of sugar in spaghetti sauce is zero).

Comment

Waiting and watching.........

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                            Waiting and watching.........

Dan
                            The drama builds.....

Comment

Tape the container shut..
                              Package handlers THROW the packages..
                              Buddy worked for USPS for 30 years. Says he would have a semi-circle of bins and toss packages into them instead of walking to them!
                              Not sure about "refreezing" sepgatti sauce.. Dry ice oughta keep it frozen for a trip..
                              Enjoy the sauce, Dan..

Comment

Working...
                              X