Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 59 Caddy dragracer on vid.

Charlie,

Thanks for clarifying! Two talented dudes working together there.

J/W --

That car was built out west for a man named Paul Barnes (Spidey, I think DePorter sold it to Barnes...you rule!) and it was a steel 1959 Cadillac. Even the bumpers were steel. I saw it run when it was owned by a man in St. Louis named Leo Walther. At the time I saw it, the car had a blown, alky burning, big block Chevy (maybe a Rodek?) and ran in the 7's I think. I saw it make laps at a test-n-tune night at Gateway on a road trip with a friend when I graduated high school.

I have no idea where the car is now.

Then there's JoJo LaFrance's car. An all steel early 1980's Eldorado. Dunno what this car is up to today but back in the early 2000's the car was aweome and eventually ran into the 6.50's. The power mirrors still worked. That was either a blown alky hemi or blown alky wedge motor...pro mod style. I have a photo somewhere on my home computer I'll throw up tonight.

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Here's JoJo's Cadillac. It's gone 6.54 @ like 210. (note that the hood ornament is still there)

This thing rules

Brian
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Mo-Jo Jo-Jo 8) :o 8) :o!! But,wasn't there yet another Cad in the Fastest-Street-Car-Races? It was mainly Red/Maroon with the rest covered in 'swirly' multi-colered Paint? This Car too also had some working factory stuff like Windows,ect. It was in a few Magazines as well. The Car itself was a early 90's Eldorado. ~J/W-006.

Comment

Working...
        X