Muscle truck is finally for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

yeah, I'm calling BS or simply fodder for another magazine article about fake bidders or something.... there's a comment in the notes that says "when I drove it from LA to Georgia"

Finnegan is in Georgia, and I can't imagine anyone else who would drive a truck with 26" tires and 5.13 gears with a spool across country. Were it me, I'd burn it down about the time I got to Death Valley (if not still within LA city limits).... 75 mph is only 5000 rpm.

I drove a 66 Chevelle from Yakima to Portland, mid-summer with 25" tires and 4.56 gears. I still hate Chevelles
    it had 3.0's when it went to Memphis I believe, and has a GV now if I'm not mistaken.

Spool, well, all it needs is slicks and wet pavement for more fun than most Levi's can stand.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

truck has had a GV sense they got it going again 3 years ago, it at least had it when they converted it back to street spec after they went to the sand dunes with it
      Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
      Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

yeah dave just said this whole thing is becoming a mess on his facebook. he even opened up people submitting email offers witch according to him just flooded with BS messages with maybe one or 2 with actual offers.

i do not see the truck selling like this
        Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
        Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post

it had 3.0's when it went to Memphis I believe, and has a GV now if I'm not mistaken.

Spool, well, all it needs is slicks and wet pavement for more fun than most Levi's can stand.

re-read the ad, sir.... says he drove from LA to Georgia with the spool and 5.13 gears.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Mater View Post
            yeah dave just said this whole thing is becoming a mess on his facebook. he even opened up people submitting email offers witch according to him just flooded with BS messages with maybe one or 2 with actual offers.

i do not see the truck selling like this

they're no Gas Monkey Garage
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
            X