Ford Model T Trivia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Model T Trivia

How come the Model 'T' (1908) came before the Model 'A' (1928) ?
    It didn't !!!

There were several cars produced or prototyped by Henry Ford from the founding of the company in 1903 until the Model T was introduced on September 27, 1908, at the Ford Piquette Avenue Plant in Detroit, Michigan. Although he started with the Model A, there were not 19 production models (A through T); some were only prototypes. The production model immediately before the Model T was the Model S, an upgraded version of the company's largest success to that point, the Model N. The follow-up was the Ford Model A (rather than any Model U). The company publicity said this was because the new car was such a departure from the old that Henry wanted to start all over again with the letter A.

On May 26, 1927, Henry Ford watched the 15 millionth Model T Ford roll off the assembly line at his factory in Highland Park, Michigan.

small block chevy must have learned from that.

the last 305 is the first of the third second LT1 head, after the first LT1 in the late 60s. Now today there is the one and only one LT1, no such thing as the others.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I can't think clearly about this right know, but it's the same with the tractors. I think the 8N came first them the 2N then the 9N? I do know I own a 44 and 46 2N Ford tractor. blah blah blah

Comment

My total experience w/ T's...travelling in Iowa and hearing about one in a barn, I was maybe 20 and thought how amazing that would be...could I possibly pry that outta the owner and drag it home to CA? Sure, I could have it free if I wanted. Finally getting at it, it was nothing but a chassis with some arc-welded brackets, all the body stuff went to scrap drives in WWII then it was just used around the farm for odd tasks then finally parked. Made a better story than something to actually have, seemed to me like it should just stay with the barn for history. The old guy said "Yeah, Model T's by the thousands went to those scrap drives".

Comment

I always thought Model T's were like pianos - nobody knows what all the pedals are for.

Dan

Comment

I had a ride in a 1909. That scared the shit out of me. It belonged to my neighbor's friend. My neighbor's driveway had a very slight grade to it. The two dinky brakes couldn't hold it in the driveway. So, we go for a ride, 5 of us going down a hill. I remember the owner on the brakes and parking brake trying to slow it going down a hill and it just wasn't happening.
            Tom
            Overdrive is overrated

Comment

The historic Piquette road plant is now an awesome Model T history museum. Well worth visiting. Don't go into that neighborhood un-armed.
              Last edited by Hemi Joel; April 10, 2016, 08:57 PM.

Comment

The heater in a "T" is actually a box built on the exhaust manifold that ducts manifold heat to the passenger compartment...

Comment

Anyone know what the lever is for that resides where modern turn signal levers are? Or the knob on the dash? Same reason, different function.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
                    Anyone know what the lever is for that resides where modern turn signal levers are? Or the knob on the dash? Same reason, different function.
                    Dizzy advance/retard..

Comment

The other lever on column is the throttle. The left peddle is low gear to hit high gear you release low peddle and push hand break forward and with a little shudder your truckin along. Middle peddle is reverse, and right one is an engine brake. Mine does work cause the band is worn out. I met an older lady that said driving a Model T was like doing the Charelston and shooting a 12 gauge shotgun. She was in her 80s, very funny lady. My 23 Model T touring was owned by the Stanwood American Legion Post 92 for over 60 years. Click image for larger version

Name:	Fairparade2012.4.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	592.4 KB
ID:	1096972

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                        Dizzy advance/retard..

Yep, and fuel mix is the knob. Pre prohibition T's were flex fuel. Advance the timing and richen the mix to run ethanol. Retard it and lean the mix to run gas. Back then farmers had stills, Ford made tractors and vehicles that would run on ethanol so the farmers didn't need to buy fuel, they made it.

Comment

Working...
                        X