First time EVER!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time EVER!

I've owned my Road Runner since 1986. It's been raced, flogged, cruised and driven countless miles.... but one thing I've NEVER done is officially enter a car show. Well, there's a first time for everything. My boss and I entered our rides in the 12th Annual Cruiz'n & Cook'n Car Show in Osage City, KS this past Saturday. When I filled out my registration form, the lady asked if there was anything about the car that was outstanding. I told her, "Yes. The amount of rust." She laughed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cs2.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	1096740 Click image for larger version

Name:	cs1.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	1096741

It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Photo credits to Jerry Rissen. Thanks, Jerry!
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Bitchin ride, Ron!
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Great! Not a bad looking car It's perfect!

Comment

Rust be damned! enjoy that MF'er!
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

that wasn't so difficult, now, was it, Ron?

I love taking "before" cars to car shows. They get a lot of attention. I like looking at them too, since we can imagine all kinds of different "after" versions.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Excellent!
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

In a world of must be pretty.... the only thing we have to fear is....well... Rons Road Runner
                Last edited by G-Motive; April 11, 2016, 11:57 AM.

Comment

That's awesome, Ron. Earl was there too, sorry we missed you.
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Good for you . I don't have the guts but glad you do .
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                      That's awesome, Ron. Earl was there too, sorry we missed you.
                      Ed, I was right behind you as we pulled out onto the main street after the show!

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                        that wasn't so difficult, now, was it, Ron?

I love taking "before" cars to car shows. They get a lot of attention. I like looking at them too, since we can imagine all kinds of different "after" versions.

This is a "before" car and an "after" car. As far as I'm concerned, other than basic maintenance, this car is DONE!

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward View Post

Ed, I was right behind you as we pulled out onto the main street after the show!
                          Didn't know it was you........well.....next time. I'll be up for the Nationals in May. See you there.
                          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

That's cool love the car! But here's the weird part, I'm in South Alabama and back in the late seventies I raced and watched ( mostly ) in Atmore Alabama and there was a Ron Ward that raced a car much like yours, he was a regular at the track. So I guess you have a twin unless you moved!
                            Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                            If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
                              That's cool love the car! But here's the weird part, I'm in South Alabama and back in the late seventies I raced and watched ( mostly ) in Atmore Alabama and there was a Ron Ward that raced a car much like yours, he was a regular at the track. So I guess you have a twin unless you moved!

Thanks! However, I don't recall ever being in Alabama.... Stranger things have happened, though.
                              Last edited by Ron Ward; April 12, 2016, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X