Well it's Friday and....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well it's Friday and....

.... I got a crap load of stuff to do. Anyone else seem like there's not enough hours in the day.

Here's to starting off the day with a clogged sink. >

Re: Well it's Friday and....

I'm right there with you.

Last night I had to get the welder out to fix one rear wheel on the lawnmower - that took priority 'cause the grass here is growing like crazy thanks to lots of spring rain.

The trailer is still in the shop with the fubared fender and noisy brake.

I got the starter replaced on the DD in the parking lot at work yesterday - and it's still leaking fuel.

The truck is leaking oil - looks like from the turbo pedestal - which means the turbo has to come out - not a fun job.

This weekend we have to go to Rhonda's Aunt's house to get the ski boat and '54 out of her garage - and Rhonda just told me I'll be pressure washing the house and garage while we're there! Sure - I didn't have anything better to do!
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I got an impromptu 4-day off, seeing how I'm taking the one-month vacation to California I keep dreading. At least this time I get my own guys to fly me down there and back.
      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Yup yup.
        I've got too much on my plate, but it's kinda one of those things that
        you just keep your head down and power through. In a few months
        I'll more than likely be bored out of my mind.

So is life, I'm ready for a 28hr. day.

Comment

Now that it's in the 90's most days, I try to stay out of the sun between 10:30am and 4:30pm, so that really shortens my yardwork and home maintenance time.

Use lots of sunblock guy's and wear your sunglasses whenever you go outside !!

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z
            I got an impromptu 4-day off, seeing how I'm taking the one-month vacation to California I keep dreading. At least this time I get my own guys to fly me down there and back.
            you should bring that motor with you hahahahaha

Comment

Trying to put the finishing touches on 2 cycles, finish an engine build, finish some body work that never seems to end. Picked up a starter for the '72 F250 to get that mobile again, and then it's put the accessory stuff back on the GMC and get that running with the fresh motor that I built for that last Fall. Hope to have paint on the Saab fenders this weekend, get the '69 Mustang out of storage and pull the trans out to replace a pump seal. Trailer has a taillight out.

Yeah then there's yardwork, etc.

Comment

Ive got cutting and trimming to do around the house with all the rain we have had it looks abandoned.
                I have to change the oil in the wifes Buick and my 73 Monte and i have to pressure wash the patio.
                These threads are good we should ahve them evey week it helps you remember before you down a few and fall asleep and not get any thing done.

Comment

Yeah, I came home from work feeling like I didn't get enough done. Stuck in meetings all afternoon, but its all good. Seems like I was originally called into the meeting so they could give me a good reaming, but it didn't turn out that way. I break the internal procedures on a regular basis without a lot of apology. As the discussion progressed, it became apparent that the reason I break the rules is because it is necessary to do that in order to keep production rolling. We established that current procedures are a major hindrance to production. Felt like Dagny Taggart for a while.

Management volunteered to change the internal procedures to fit the needs of my department so that I'm not breaking the rules any more. ;D ;D ;D

Got lots to do this weekend. Plant flowers, spread mulch, mow, clean up the car...
                  The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

woke up to a storm this morning!!! the wind smashed my storage shed
                    in to 2 other houses knocked windows out and punched holes in there
                    siding!!!!! yea im a popular guy today!!!!! :-\
                    COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

I'm sick. But I get to see my wheels today, I think I found an engine for really cheap, and I averaged 42 mpg- in the city. Somebody has to make up for all y'alls' gas guzzlin'.

Comment

Bought TWO SETS of new Cornell 1000 205-70R-14 Tyres for BOTH my 71 Plymouth Scamps. Steam-cleaned the Engine room of the White '69 Caddy Fleetwood(the 'real' White-Monster... ;D)and plan on replacing the V-Cover Gaskets as well as repainting the Covers themselves. On Monday the Q-Jet comes off & sent to my buddy Jeff for a rebuild. Going to play with the 'new' '67 Nova 4-Door tommorow,change the Oil,re-greese the Zerks in the front-end,play with the Tyre-pressure,clean out the Trunk,ect. Being a single Mother isin't easy ;D ;D! ~J/W-006.

Comment

I got loaded down with engine mounts, spring bumpers, and two transmision mounts that we never had molds for. Naturally everyone needs their stuff right away. Then the boss comes in and has a rush order for 400 fuel pump seals that had to go out today! I did manage to get the seal order done, but the rest are going to wait till next week. If you own a 1933 Buick, a 1932 Plymouth, or a 1932 Rockne, hang in there, I'll get to ya. :-\

Comment

Here's how my day started,

Got up at 2 am, get to the truck at 2:15 and do my pre-trip. Drive 25 miles to the plant to load, 2:45. Notice one of the plant employees waving at me, "Were down for the day, go home". Drive another 25 miles back to town, park the truck, go home and crawl back into bed. This happens quite a bit because my company is too cheap to pay for a night time dispatcher who would have gotten a call from the plant at 10:00 last night saying they were down. He could have called me so I didn't have to waste 10 gallons of fuel and 1 1/2 hours of my time. But, on a positive note, I now get a 3 day weekend. :
                            Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Originally posted by 98ciHemi
                              I'm sick. But I get to see my wheels today, I think I found an engine for really cheap, and I averaged 42 mpg- in the city. Somebody has to make up for all y'alls' gas guzzlin'.
                              Swine Flu??

Comment

Working...
                              X