Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've got a great wife. B-day suprise inside...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I've got a great wife. B-day suprise inside...

Stiney - if you are purchasing your own anchors I would highly recomend redhead brand.

Take your time with the levelling and plumbing of the collumns - and put some grease / never sieze on the lift arm slides and rotating points / locking points as you assemble it.

ENJOY
    and
    welcome to the 2 post club.

Membership truly has it's benefits!
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

It came with Wej-it anchors. The ones with 2 rods down each side and 2 little spade ends that the rods kick out as you tighten the nut.

Are these similar to the redhead ones?

My floor is about as close to dead-level & flat as it can be. My cement guys did great work - I left them run with my only spec's being flat, level, and smooth, and they didn't let me down.

The columns are plumb just sitting there. The offside one will rock a slight amount, as if the bottom plate is warped somewhat.
      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

If you were closer I'd lend you my old Hilti Monster (pawn shop find). But Bob will fix you up.

Cool score - great bride!!! Mine wouldn't have a clue where to start to procure such a thing but she's cool with me buying one for myself. Your hoist is definitely nicer than mine (Asian Cheepie brand).

Dan

Comment

That's awesome man. Hold on to her forever.

Comment

Dang Dan... you just beat me to that ....

Pawn shop's are often cheaper then the rental and you only have to hit them once.... ( make sure you can bring it back if it's Junk )

K

Comment

Lucky guy!

Comment

One of the greatest B-day gifts ever right there. I'm not familiar with the Wej-it anchors, but they seem to be about the same. What diameter are they?
                "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

3 of my racks at the shop have the locks ripped off
                  osha condemmed them
                  you rich white guys get the best toys

Comment

Your wife knows this lift will get you happier,and it will save time when you are working on your cars..Win-win situation ;D.Great gift for sure.

Comment

Congrats on the new lift.

Here is a tip I give any one that will listen. http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=97743

I don't usually buy HF tools but 4 years ago I was in a bind and had to buy one to get a job done (a bunch of tools were stolen) I keep saying when it breaks I will buy another bosch but it keeps running. I beat it pretty hard and it dosn't work as well as my old drill. Nice to have around though.

Steve
                      Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

I have a love-hate relationship with Harbor Freight. I try to buy better stuff when I can but the Sears tool department here sucks. I hit the MANY pawnshops here and try to buy better stuff but they often don't have exactly what I need. So it's off to "The Freight". Most recent HF score - rear axle bearing puller for the truck. The whole set of different sized adaptors was $24 and the worked as advertised. I wouldn't be surprised if the HF hammer drill is OK, based on my experience.

Dan

Comment

Can your wife give my wife lessons on gift giving?

;D

Seth......Sweet lift BTW
                          200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Working...
                          X