Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: 4 really weird things that have happened to me. Truth is stranger than fiction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: 4 really weird things that have happened to me. Truth is stranger than fiction

I'm sitting waiting for a phone call that may never happen, and I started thinking about the weird, strange stuff that has happened to me. So I figured I'd type it up.

#1: Spring time 1977, Plymouth, MN. High school student with friends. About 11:00 PM, I was riding in the passenger seat of my friend Andy's 1970 Lincoln 4 door. Andy was driving, 2 or 3 other friends were in the back seat. All of a sudden, there was an intense light illuminating the inside of the car, light the color and intensity of arc welding. It seemed to be coming from right behind and slightly above the back window, from 2 separate sources about 10 feet apart. There was a loud humming and roaring noise, and the windshield wipers came on by themselves at a speed faster than high. It only lasted a few seconds, then the light and the sound rose up above us and dissipated, and the wipers stopped. We all were totally astonished and puzzled, then we laughed our buts off about it. Later, it seemed like a weird dream. What was it? I have no idea.

#2: May 1988, mid day. I was in a canoe fishing on a 10 acre pond on our farm in Wright County, Minnesota. Partly sunny skies, the wind changed direction constantly, and blew me from one end of the pond to the other several times. Nice, I don't need to paddle, I can fish the whole pond the easy way. When I was blown against the bulrushes on the northeast end, I observed the formation of a waterspout, about 350' to the southwest of me, over the open water, and touching the water at its base. It looked like a small tornado, about 150' tall, and 1-2' diameter. Of course it started moving right towards me, moving pretty quick. As it got closer, it became apparent that it was going to run right into me! I grabbed the gunwales of the canoe, and hung on as tight as humanly possible. Suddenly, I could feel see the canoe rise off the water, about 2 feet, and I just hung on. Then with a loud slap, the canoe dropped right back down onto the surface, still upright. As soon as it hit land, the twister became translucent, then after traveling another 200', it disappeared. My paddles had blown away, and I was splattered with seaweed.

#3 December 1991: I stopped at a friends house in Minnetonka, MN to pick him up for a trip to Illinois. I arrived at 5:00 AM as planned. The house was dark, so I pounded on the door. A light came on. He was still sleeping, and my pounding woke him up . So I went and sat in the truck while I was waiting for him to get ready. I was looking straight west into the night sky. The temp was about 20 degrees F, no moon, no clouds, no dawn, the only light was from stars shining bright. I noticed a green light, like a green star or planet, about 25 degrees above the horizon. It was not completely stationary, but almost. It just seemed to hover. It did not blink or flicker, it was steady in its color and intensity. I could not tell if it was a mile away, or a million miles, because I didn't know its size. Suddenly, it took off, accelerating very rapidly, heading straight south. It did not ascend or descend, just went in a straight line, going faster and faster, until in about 4 seconds it had traveled beyond my view. I had no Idea what it was, and over time I started to wonder if I really saw it. Then 15 years later, thanks to the internet, I found out what it was: a green fireball. A known and studied type of UFO. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_fireballs

#4 Approximately 1997. I don't remember the exact time of year, but it was warm out, and there was no snow. Mid-day, I was sitting in my 17' x17' office, at my desk. Ground level, 5x6' picture window to my left, with the blinds shut. An employee, Fritz, was sitting in a chair across the desk from me. Suddenly, I heard a loud, crashing, glass breaking sound from the window. My mind raced ahead of my vision, and I thought that either someone shot out my window with a shotgun, or a car was crashing through the wall. Fritz dove across my desk to take shelter, and the next think I knew there was a large buck whitetail deer standing in my office. Its antlers were broke partially off, leaving jagged stumps about 6-9" long, and its snoot was cut and bleeding, dripping on my carpet. While Fritz was thinking of self preservation, hiding under the desk, me being a business man, my first thought was of the cost of the window and carpet, and what was my insurance deductible. But very quickly, the gravity of the situation settled into my consciousness. Would he attack? How would I get him out? What to do? Well, after about 10 seconds of milling around the office, the buck jumped back out the window and left. A few chunks of antler, and a $980 repair bill against my $1000 deductible is all I had.

Indeed, truth is stranger than fiction. Anything strange happen to anyone else?
    Last edited by Hemi Joel; April 18, 2016, 08:09 PM.

your first one..
    the car caught some power from above, ran through the diodes to gain a 12v.
    like an electric train car...or from the bottom, and finding a ground above.

my dads older rigs had some bizarre events...similar. one even melted the battery together.
    that same event happened years later while I was working a kc135.
    nearly killed us. the apu was bouncing backfiring, and there is that damn battery arc welding anything accepting it.

on a similar note, I thought I was looking at the sun while flying on a kc135 at night... in the mythical jet stream off the coast of maine (fastest west to east wind in the world). It adds 250mph to a 500mph airplane.

We were going so fast, the screaming noise alone was enough to warp my head..and it was too cold in the back with a 250F vent heater vent feeding from above.

I am approaching the front, to gain good air near the cockpit, and some heat.. and thought I saw the sun coming in.
    not explained until the internet years later. Some ww2 phenomena called flying orbs seems to fit the bill...
    inside the damn plane instead of out.
    That was also my last flight. I got electrocuted on the tarmac to lock jaw while in england, Saw the plane flicker as it passed through me and the mic cord. I stayed in the cold bunk and on fire at the same time to get home..

today, all my teeth are cracked, a black hole is burned through the front one, my lower jaw is bent down the middle of both hinges...no teeth there at all. It took 3 years for the burn holes to show up.
    that event is still taking... 19 years and some months later.

I just swallowed another chunk while sleeping the other day. it is like being a pre cracked jawbreaker candy...with a nuclear timer.

what did not help is a retard named Jenkins who did not see half my body was not functioning, I was deaf in both ears, blind in one eye, gimping with just the glimpse of lower left leg still hinging.. I knew it was working by seeing it hinge out of my right eye.

alarm on, i fell halfway down the ladder to get off the plane.

he says "go home." on his lips..and points to the door.

the subordinate games are built in, I got in my car and used my good arm for the shifter on the floor to D for drive and put it back on the wheel.
    I get home and the toilet got burn smells and green and potent seaweed looking stuff..
    learned later that was my bowels. No pains at all in my teeth. No clue they were all shattered.

I had hours to live. Did not even know it.

the bathtub pressure kept my guts in, a 6 pack of beer, a gallon of water, 3 pots of coffee... I stayed awake for weeks until the pain took over my brain into an inpatient hospital.
    Lost 30 pounds in 3 weeks.
    afraid to sleep, my heart was arythmic.

taken the wrong hospital... helped in like a partial parapalegic.

I nearly died again to a misdiagnosis.

here I am today.
    after a homeless shelter, abandoned, lied to, about, and attacked from within, and by a real enemy, a gangsta, a stalker, a thief, and even falsely jailed..
    here I am today.

"go home."

one dream that keeps recurring is someone knowing I needed an ambulance. That would have nailed the events right at the base..
    20 years of bullshit would not have happened.

That retard called Jenkins is the wing commander today.
    Strange but true.

I could not even tell him about sneaking around england afraid there was an enemy stalking.
    That was 1996...just after some famous terrorist got convicted of something. The same autumn Osama Bin Laden called for lone wolf attacks. We shrugged it off.
    We all know what happened in years following...
    There was indeed an enemy stalking.
    Isn't that special...
    Mr. Jenkins.
    "born and bred for this stuff."
    he says.. in front of the world in bangor daily news.

oh no.. mr. jenkins. My memory seems to be working too.
    let's play "UCMJ."

Uniform Code for Mr. Jenkins.

like flying a refueling jet full of fuel around a burning tower in nyc...
    declaring yourself the defense.
    big hero.

RETARD.

anyway, to add to strange but true..
    As a 3 striper I went espionage grade tactical.. and then never got debriefed.
    I predicted the future instead.

my surname was famous for that stuff.. I only repeated it.
    I actually laugh today. it may be insanity.
    think what you will.
    most retards do.

A funny one..
    I remember sneaking up on my own room. For some reason I was by myself in a big building.
    I just knew there was someone else there. I could smell it.
    Opposite of paranoid.
    someone got away with something..
    could not trust toothbrushes, paste or anything in the room.
    not even the door knobs, or faucet valves or water.
    I narrowed it to something teeth related hotel courtesy type stuff swapped out.. ironic.

then the future happened. the enemy seems to be more a friend than anything.
    I thought for that long...
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; April 18, 2016, 08:20 PM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Mel Brooks couldn't write this one any better. For years I've taken out many birds with my cars. A flock of sparrows, three crows in the span of 5 miles, head on with a pigeon, a slow motion crash gaining on a pigeon at 30mph until it gently bumped the windshield, but the best one to trump them all is when I was driving my girlfriend's car (Taurus) from Cedar City back to Ely as the sun set, and we pass by a "watch for deer" sign and she says to me, "Slow down, you don't want to hit any deer", and I casually reply, "Don't worry, I only hit birds." and no sooner had I uttered the last syllable a huge owl swoops down to the road, tries to pull up to miss the car only to face plant right into the windshield, sliding upwards, covering the whole window, wingtip to wingtip until it went over the roof. The mother of all birds arrived right on cue for the punch line We laughed for at least the next two hours.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Box, no one will top that...

Randall, you're right, that sounds like a movie script!

Comment

The farm has always had a reputation for being haunted.. I tell my kids to just say aloud, "It's only me, I 'm not gonna hurt you"
          They got mad at me then, goosebumps on their arms, etc..
          Mom was visiting with her best friend in the living room of the farm house before it was burned by the fire dept.. The lady jumps out of her seat, "Barbara, a box fell over upstairs..".
          Mom says "But Kathryn, there isnt anything upstairs.."
          They went up and looked.. Nothing up there to fall over..

I was stepping in the barn at dark after a 10 hour shift at the steel shop to milk the cow.. Something grabbed the seat of my pants and beat my legs..
          I dropped the sterilized bucket and wash bucket, stepped in, the milk cow was fighting her stanction, eyes bulging.. Right after that, I built a stanction on skids and put it closer to the house..

Visitors have said they sense somebody watching them..

There is a cemetary on the property..1840-1941 .. I took a couple friends with me.. At midnight.. Turned off my light, stepped off the trail..
          They started yelling "LIGHT. LIGHT" Walked uo to them, hanede them the light, shone it around, yelling "LEAVE NOW" when he saw the tombstones..

I love telling tall tales, keeps company's kids in line..

Comment

I was driving up through the California desert on my way home in my '97 Freightliner. It was dusk when I got to the spot where I park it and got out to do my post-trip inspection and found a small dead bat stuck dead-center in the middle of the grill. It was October 31st.
            Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

About the end of my senior year of high school (bad days, wouldn't go back for nothin') because of some unusual situation I was driving home late at night in my buddy's Camaro which was having some problems and I happened to be taking it to my house to work on for a few days. The middle of the night and the thing was running hot, with few cars on the freeway I pulled into the center emergency lane to have a look under the hood. Nothing amiss... I stood there for awhile in front of the car in the dark, suddenly I got the strangest creepiest feeling, like something was about to happen...I felt like I was about to die. It really kinda shook me, but there was nothing going on...no cars coming up behind me, no one around. Still I got back in the car right away and drove the rest of the way home without incident. The weird thing? In those days I was in the habit of skateboarding the couple miles to my (at the time) girlfriend's house very early in the morning, we'd hang out a little while then take a jog of a mile or so around the county park, then I'd skate back and get ready for school. This morning when she opened the door she was all in tears. She'd had the most realistic dream that night...I had just been killed on the freeway. She hardly slept after that and couldn't believe her eyes when I showed up in the morning. I asked her about what time that dream had happened, wondering if she might have checked the clock when she woke up. I forget now what the answer was, but it would have been near exactly when I was standing there in the dark in the emergency lane, getting freaked out by that premonition-thing. Or non-premonition...after all nothing happened.

However, some weird connection going on there. Not sure if I liked it, or if it bothered me. We broke up a month-or-two later in any event.

Something less-strange, a year or so later,related to Randall's one: Driving through the mountains in my little canyon-racer Vega, alone Sunday mid-day, clear sky. Gonna meet my parents out in the desert, hauling ass just for the joy of it. Coming over the pass, some tiny mouse or something ran from the side of the road, right as I was approaching. I was probably going to hit it, oh well. Then suddenly, BAM! A few inches from my face (Vega windshields are like, that close to the driver's head). Glass dark for just an instant, then light again and everything is perfectly normal and I'm flying down the road just as I was. I was so perplexed about the mouse that suddenly became huge and jumped in front of my windshield, I turned around to go back and try to figure out what happened. There was a cafe-racer motorcycle stopped, I pulled up behind him and asked if he saw all that. Yeah, he had just been coming over the hill the other way, a mouse or some-type rodent had run across the road and from up above this huge hawk had dove straight down out of the sky to get it. Hawk was fixated on the mouse, didn't see the car, blammo. It was now lying on the side of the road where it'd been thrown, perfect except every bone broken, and the motorcyclist was looking it over. No squashed mouse to be seen, that dumb creature had just run out in front of a speeding car, then became a full-on hawk target, but had it's lucky day. Me? Never hit a bird before, or since...If that biker hadn't been there I'd probably still be wondering what happened.

I do love the storytelling. Anybody next?
              Last edited by Loren; April 19, 2016, 04:02 AM.

Comment

This one was a shocker for me.
                I was in 10th grade at high school waiting for my ride home where I walked out to the corner and crossed the street and leaned against a sign pole. After about five minutes I remembered that I needed something out of my locker that I didnt have so I trotted back towards the school and got my book or paper. Now I'm walking back to the same sign at the corner when two cars collide at the intersection deflecting one of the cars over the curb and it runs over the sign that I was leaning against. After the sign was run down the car came to a stop as it hit a building wall severely damaging the building. I was 15 seconds from being a statistic and if I had not gone back to my locker I certainly was going to be.
                Last edited by Dave D; April 19, 2016, 04:20 AM.
                Dave
                69 Mustang ProStreet
                70 Torino

Comment

Got married.....in-laws.....kids...the weirdness is daily...
                  Last edited by STINEY; April 19, 2016, 04:47 AM.
                  Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Had a turttle crossing the road as I came around a turn in the hills of Kentucky . I went to straddle it with the car , caught its shell with a exhaust hanger.....it wasn't pretty.
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

1. I was 14 years old, mom took me to get a wart burned off of the middle finger on my right hand. I passed out after the procedure, fractured my skull on the hard tile floor in the doctor office waiting room. Blood clot on the brain. Went blind, couldn't see. Mom said stop crossing your eyes that way. She thought I was faking it all. She was a real piece of work. Shortly before my death (I was losing it, the BIG "it"), brain surgery, I have a fiberglass plate in my skull.

2. Mom. She was June Cleaver times 1000. Christmas Day. Perfect house, perfect setting, perfect living room with everybody dressed well. Everybody sitting with their hands in their lap, waiting to open presents one at a time. "Amy, now it's your turn." It was Amy's turn to open a present and that's when the preying mantis nest in that "live" cut Christmas tree hatched. They thought it was springtime, in the house. Nice. Fitting. Little bitty preying mantis bugs, hundreds of them crawling all over mom's pristine living room.
                      Last edited by pdub; April 19, 2016, 08:14 AM.
                      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Offhand the only thing that comes to mind. When Animal House came out, I went with my two cousin's, Karen and Lisa. The theater was one of these old theater from the 20's & 30's. Really art deco. We sit down in our seats and I get this very uncomfortable feeling. I don't know what it was but it was a really strong feeling, I couldn't sit there. We get up and move a couple rows back, every thing feels good. All of a sudden one of these quart size bucket of soda with ice falls from the balcony right on the seat I was sitting in.

Deaf Bob, my dad was not one to believe in a lot of stuff, get excited. He was pretty much material of factors that straight laced guy. He told me before he was married and living with his folks of a ghostly encounter. He said all the bedrooms were on the second floor. One night my grandfather woke up and heard a burglar. He woke my dad up and told him to get his 38. My dad said he heard someone walking around downstairs. The footsteps started coming up the stairs. He dad said he told the person that he had a gun and would shoot. The footsteps just stopped. My aunt told of similar stories of the home. She would here someone walking when she was alone and would have to leave the house. One-time she said after cleaning the kitchen she went outside to Waite for her friends. When she went back in, there was a dirty rag on the floor.
                        Tom
                        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I have lots of stories but this one is probably the most scary.

Youth and ignorance have killed their fair share of people and it damn near killed (or severely maimed )me and a few of my friends.

Todd, Doug and I were all in Air Force technical training at the same time and as luck would have it we moved to our first duty location together. We spent some of our first weeks exploring the new city together. One day we discovered the road that lead up to the top of Mt Lemon. We arrived in Tucson in August and the heat was oppressive to say the least so when we discovered a 8000+ft oasis we could visit to escape the desert summer for a few hours we visited as often as we could. The scenery was spectacular and the temps were at least 20 degrees cooler. One day while on our lunch break Todd suggests we go camping the coming weekend. It was a brilliant idea! A weekend away from work, three friends with some beers and food enjoying the beautiful mountain we came to love; what could go wrong?

We were unaware of any campgrounds on the mountain and we were too young and too eager* (dumb as a sack of hammers) to be bothered to ask any questions or perform any research. We just loaded up our gear, drove to the top, parked and started hiking out into the forest. Once we walked out a mile or two we found the perfect spot. It was getting dark so we hustled to set up camp. We set our camp up in a perfectly flat, soft, sandy area, set up a fire ring and cooked our dinner and drank some beers. After a few hours of drinking and telling lies we decided it was time to turn in. We climbed in our bags and drifted off to sleep. Our blissful slumber was interrupted by the sound of, well, we didn't know what the hell it was but it was scary! There was grunting, groaning, snorting growling and the good lord could only describe the other guttural sounds that emanated from the unknown creature outside the tent. We were huddled in the tent as we heard this strange noise circle us for what seemed like hours. Eventually the sound vanished and we reluctantly drifted off to sleep. We all awoke the next morning and slowly poked our heads out of our tents. We emerged and looked around to discover the full magnitude of what happened that night. We had been ransacked! Our food was gone and our stuff was scattered about the sand. As I looked around I noticed some foot prints, some large foot prints...paw prints the size of both of my hands. It was obvious at that moment just how lucky we were. We never saw it but it was obvious buy the prints it was a bear and a big one. It could have easily done serious damage to our soft fleshy bodies if not consumed them if it so desired. We just kind of stood there stuttering on about the situation when I realized we had made another possibly fatal mistake. The soft sandy area we found to set up camp was in the middle of a semi dry stream bed. I looked around to see that we were down stream of what would have been a waterfall when the stream was running. This was August, this was monsoon season, this was flash flood season. Had it rained hard enough we could have been very easily been washed away to our deaths.

We decided another night was not a good idea. We had no business out there by ourselves in unfamiliar territory without any knowledge of the wildlife or hidden dangers. Not long after a young girl was mauled by a large black bear while she slept in a tent in one of the campgrounds. I wondered if it was the same one....and if our visit played any role in the incident.
                          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I also do not believe in ghosts and the like... But some stuff happens on the farm that cannot be explained..
                            I used to smell whiffs of Old Spice after shave.. My buddy from 2.5 hrs away would show up after I smell it.. My wife used to think it was creepy.
                            Strangely neither of us used Old Spice, both of us being deaf and this was the days before TTY's were avaiavle..
                            So I have to respect it..
                            I do not taut "it". That would not be good..
                            I remember walking up on dad at the shop working on his truck, late at night, goosebumps on hs arm, sweat pouring off his face. He never said why..

Comment

I have a really really wild cowlick up front and just off center.

Spent years trying to deal with it when younger.....finally I just realized it was God playing Stylist and I should flaunt it, not fight it.

So - - enter college years.

One night while socializing a slightly tipsy co-ed slurs out "I love your hair, what do you use to make it DO that?"

I look around (cause she can't possibly mean MY crazy hair, right?)

Nope, its my 'do she's infatuated with.

Upon realizing that I instantly rip off some BS about a home-brewed concoction of egg whites and various other hooey.

Looking back that probably wasn't the best response. I wonder if the poor lady ever actually tried my recipe? Doubt she remembered it based on her slurrage.

Personally, I still find that really weird.
                              Last edited by STINEY; April 19, 2016, 12:11 PM.
                              Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                              X