Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 171 MPH Camaro owner arrested

Anyone see this yet?
    DULUTH, Minn. — Authorities say a driver was cited after he was clocked driving 171 mph in northern Minnesota. The Star Tribune reports Deputy Chief Shawn Padden of the Hermantown Police Depa…
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Dumb as a rock.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Not to be nit picky , but it says he was cited . Down here in Indy that means you got a or serveral tickets and were allowed to continue on your way . This may have been a jurnalism mess up because, almost assuredly down here that would be a lock up . A friend of mine, hisbson got locked up for 110 in a 40 in a somewhat urban setting . Way up there on a deserted interstate , it my have been not considered as much of wreakless behavior. My friends son had wreakly driving added to the speeding ticket. Which I believe can be added to any ticket down here that is 20 over the posted limit . So was the guy a Green Bay Packer or something ?
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Anything over 100+ gets a ride to lock up for car and driver, I thought...

Comment

Clearly that Camaro is NOT faster than a police radio. An important lesson. Besides, I doubt it passed tech - no cage, rubber valve stems, no rear-mounted kill switch, etc, etc. The guy needs a rule book. I'm thinking The Cure is a ride in Keith's truck - that'll sort his butt out. (Folks who have raced with the ECTA know where I'm coming from)

Dan
          Last edited by DanStokes; April 24, 2016, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Probably just haulin' the boat to a different lake...
              vic NASCARland

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                Anything over 100+ gets a ride to lock up for car and driver, I thought...

that's Oregon.... they passed a law after people kept outrunning the police while riding their motorcycles on that nice straight stretch between Wilsonville and Salem.
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                  Clearly that Camaro is NOT faster than a police radio. An important lesson. Besides, I doubt it passed tech - no cage, rubber valve stems, no rear-mounted kill switch, etc, etc. The guy needs a rule book. I'm thinking The Cure is a ride in Keith's truck - that'll sort his butt out. (Folks who have raced with the ECTA know where I'm coming from)

Dan
                  that's the weirdest story. The cop that was manning the DUI check point claimed that he caught the guy but only topped out at 135 mph. I'm not sure how that's possible, if my story-problem-solution skills are still intact from 8th grade.... if you have Person A driving at 171 mph, and Person B driving at 135 mph, the moment in which person B catches person A is infinity and beyond. After reading the report, I wonder if "DUI Checkpoint" is police code for cop drinking his "coffee" behind a billboard on the interstate.
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Slowed down when he saw the flashing lights , ( already got clocked ). Maybe ?
                    Last edited by Dan Barlow; April 28, 2016, 02:15 PM.
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                      I'm thinking The Cure is a ride in Keith's truck - that'll sort his butt out. (Folks who have raced with the ECTA know where I'm coming from)

Dan
                      Uh, yeah... you don't to want be on the receiving end of that. I've seen him do it to somebody ELSE.

Another story I read about it with a hotrodder slant was, the cop was mighty lenient for not impounding his car and putting him in the basement at the jail.

But from a media coverage standpoint, imagine how many Camaros that story sold. I'll bet a few, if not a bunch.
                      Last edited by pdub; April 28, 2016, 02:32 PM.
                      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                        that's the weirdest story. The cop that was manning the DUI check point claimed that he caught the guy but only topped out at 135 mph. I'm not sure how that's possible, if my story-problem-solution skills are still intact from 8th grade.... if you have Person A driving at 171 mph, and Person B driving at 135 mph, the moment in which person B catches person A is infinity and beyond. After reading the report, I wonder if "DUI Checkpoint" is police code for cop drinking his "coffee" behind a billboard on the interstate.

Cop math is different math. According to them, if you're following someone doing 75, you need to do 77 to keep up with them, the car behind you needs to be doing 80, and it keeps going up if you're following them. Seriously, had a Nebraska state trooper try to tell me that. This is why two seeds of weed have a street value of $100, a quarter ounce is $300, and a pound is $25,000. So obviously since he is a far better driver, he can catch a speeding camaro despite it going 40mph faster than his car is capable of going.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post

he can catch a speeding camaro despite it going 40mph faster than his car is capable of going.
                          The other story I read about that, the cop said was just amazed when he saw anything going by that fast. I can ID with that, if he sits on the side of the road all the time, you're not going to see anything go by that fast.

Sue Unit and I were sitting in lawn chairs at Maxton, spectators, and got to see Bill Warner go by doing 260 mph on that motorcycle. Now, THAT's fast. THAT's when you've never seen anything so fast.

I still say that news story on this thread was a plant to sell more Camaros. A conspiracy. And I'm not a conspiracy theorist, not at all.
                          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
                          X