Life and bouncy old trucks....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life and bouncy old trucks....

Ya know, sometimes life kicks you right in the junk and other times, life graces you with awesomeness. I've experienced both. It seems that no matter which hand life has dealt me, I've been able to find solace while driving a bouncy old truck out in the country on a nice day. Whether heading to my favorite fishing spot, or heading over to a friend's place to help with chores, tooling along in an old truck just seemed to make it more enjoyable. Crank up the radio, roll down the windows and ease along down a country road. There are few things more relaxing....

I said goodbye to Ol' Bouncy the other day. She and I had a great run. Hopefully, her new owner gets to enjoy the same kind of quality time with her that I did. Gonna miss her.... Click image for larger version

Name:	truck.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	1099241

However, as so often is the case, life often closes one door, it opens another.

I simply could not pass up the opportunity when another bouncy truck became available...

Meet the new gal:

Click image for larger version

Name:	truck.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	183.4 KB
ID:	1099242

She's a 1970 Dodge D100 Sweptline. 318/727 with a PO installed 9-1/4 rear with 3.90 gears. Brand new Goodyears all the way around, new radiator, water pump, brakes and alternator. I had to do some minor repairs after purchase (the EPA would have been knocking at my door if I didn't clean up the oil slick, as it leaked more than Don McGinnis' '68 Road Runner), but she's strong. Ugly, yes.... but strong.

Ah.... I love bouncy old trucks....

Let's go fishin'
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Fun!

(and I bet the new one will bounce a lot more than the old one ever did!)
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
      Fun!

(and I bet the new one will bounce a lot more than the old one ever did!)

I hope so!
      It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

beautiful.
        my first impression never left either..
        a 1974 f100...long 8 foot.
        150 dollars.
        did not feel that ride again until the 1/2 ton 1996gmc.
        I do not put hard shocks in.

I still travel into the unknowns. I did not know maine's scale of things is above average at first..but do now. Looking at the east coast from above. A trail could be 15-20 miles. a blank spot of forest that can be seen from outer space satellite.

my rides home from work, I was 15. Just me sometimes on the roads.. my 3 speed 302 ford and the bounce.
        almost 30 years now.
        1 memory.. the first one does last.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Sweet new ride! Funny, the more things change, the more they stay the same.
          Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

I know a guy with one of those!

Cool rig...mine might be uglier but only marginally.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
              I know a guy with one of those!

Cool rig...mine might be uglier but only marginally.
              HA! Maybe....

Comment

There's something about the simplicity of an old rig..
                Love my flatbed, just upkeep and plain creature comforts.. No AC. If I lived where you guys do, maybe..
                But for me margainal heater starts every time nd goes!

Comment

If your mirrors are wobbly I got mine at Rockauto for 5.99 a piece and they showed up in 3 days....

I need front parking lights like yours so if you stumble over some let me know.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I miss my old '70 like crazy. It actually was a comfortable truck. Nothing beats a old truck to run around town doing errands or just picking up a load of pinestraw for the yard. I'll get another one soon.

The Fords I used to own.

Visit my sons blog:
                    www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Sweet truck, Damon23!

Comment

Well of course I would like your old one better but congrats to you . I see it has a straight axle in front , that alone would have me converting it to a 4x4 . Hey it wouldn't ride any worse . Have a blast what ever you do with it .
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I'm not a big fan of 4x4. It's hard enough fixing broken stuff on a 2WD...

Comment

just something about those old trucks....
                            Patrick & Tammy
                            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
                            X