Tell me what you know about a 2014 F150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me what you know about a 2014 F150

It's very close to that push comes to shove situation with our cars. It's not really an option. So we went to the Ford dealer our friend's wife works just to look to get an idea what would suite our needs. We looked at a nice AWD 13 Explorer, non Ecoboost. We looked at a ight blue 14 XLT F150 crew cab 5.0. The wife shocked me, she likes the F150. Nice truck with 31K miles. This was someone's toy. There is literally not a scratch in the truck bed. Anything I should be worried about other then payments? Nice driving truck with a sweet V8 soundtrack.
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

They have 6 speed transmisions im pretty sure. So far they seem to be holding up good.

Comment

Yeah, it is 6 speed. Good to know about the trans.
      Tom
      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

not the chevy.

Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Duel fuel tanks take a while to fill and don't stay full long.

Comment

Done deal, in driveway. Pictures to follow.
            Tom
            Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Congratulations, You will like it! Well not the payment, but all the other stuff is good.
              I have a 2014 EcoBoost F150 4x4 and it's a great truck. It rides great, it's quiet, nice radio, comfortable, ton's of room inside.
              Mine doesn't have the V8 soundtrack, but it does make Buick GN sounds :P
              Last edited by mike343sharpstick; April 29, 2016, 08:26 AM.

Comment

My father in law has a 2013 that I drove to vegas pulling my car on a trailer. I can tell ya that it pulls really nice and is all around a great truck. He has somewhere around 40,000 miles on it with no issues at all. Runs and drives like a dream, if they were closer to the price range I was looking for I would be driving one of those instead of a 2002 diesel.

We did have my father in laws for a bit when they needed to go somewhere and needed more inside room and took my wifes escape. My wife drove the truck for that week and didn't really care for it much, she didn't like parking it and the overall size.

Comment

My wife calls it 'The Buss' it is rather large and tricky park. Admittedly, it's a bit easier to park her A4. LOL

Comment

No matter what.. Anything over "small car" is tricky to park..
                    Know a guy who paints parking lots for a living, they are pressured to add "spaces" where there are none..
                    So.. Park at the end of the lot or use a handicap placard I use mine on "bad days". Most of the time, I park in the back..if there is a back"
                    Notice alot of city lots are freakish small.. Pulling a trailer with a crew cabbed dualie, I notice lots seem to shrink..

Comment

Originally posted by mike343sharpstick View Post
                      Congratulations, You will like it! Well not the payment, but all the other stuff is good.
                      I have a 2014 EcoBoost F150 4x4 and it's a great truck. It rides great, it's quiet, nice radio, comfortable, ton's of room inside.
                      Mine doesn't have the V8 soundtrack, but it does make Buick GN sounds :P

Well I just finished driving 14 hours from SC. I do love it. The V8 soundtrack is awesome! Quiet, stable and just drives nice. I've been averaging 18.8 mpg running 75-80 mph. Oddly I notice the fuel mileage average went up slightly to 18.9 doing 80. That was the average from the beginning including a refuel. On the 2nd fill up I was getting 19.2 mpg doing 80.

The payments aren't too bad, well in today's world. We put down a ton of money. So the kid doesn't finish college. Only kidding on the kids. Had to raid the 403, no choice in that matter unfortunately.
                      Last edited by Huskinhano; April 29, 2016, 05:22 PM.
                      Tom
                      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I like the cruse control if you hold the "-" it will down shift the trans works well when coming into town and the speed limit goes 55-45. The one I drive has one large tank 600 miles between fill up. I have to get gas so little I for get to look at the gauge some times. They do make good sounds, I like the fact that I have to slow down at the end of the on ramp to merge onto traffic.
                        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                        1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                        ​​​​​​

Comment

19 mpg sounds pretty good for something that size about the same as a 4wd s10 2dr blazer

Comment

Modern trucks do pretty well. My 2014 Silverado, 5.3, 4x4 crew cab hits around 500 miles per tank (26gal) around town. A bit more out on the highway. Good aero and engine management.

Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

The 14 f150 tank is good size I think I put 32 gal in it one day.
                              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                              ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                              X