Tell me what you know about a 2014 F150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
    Modern trucks do pretty well. My 2014 Silverado, 5.3, 4x4 crew cab hits around 500 miles per tank (26gal) around town. A bit more out on the highway. Good aero and engine management.

I had to do a double take, your gauge arrangement looks just like mine. 4 gauges on top, tach on left, Speedo on right. One of them is a trans temp gauge which seems a little redundant since I can scroll through the menu and see it numerically. It's incredible how accurate everything thing is. The speedo is dead on with the Garmin. Filled the tank with 26.3 gallons which was .2 gallons off on the fuel used on the trip gauge. It also indicates what gear you're in. Doing 70, the engine is just loading along at 1500 rpm.

The menus are so logical and make a lot of sense since they all follow the same format as everything set we use in everyday life. My wife found it easy. I think with the older manual switches all over the place is harder.
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

We have a 2014 F-250 at work, and compared to our 2011 and 2007 it's a fantastic improvement. I do like the gear indicator, and it does engine brake nicely going down 10-12% grades (way steeper than highway).

I'm not sure about the Ford's but I suspect the GM's reference the onboard GPS with the speedo. I know the clock on the radio automatically changes for the timezone when I cross into Utah and back, and the OnStar subscription has long been deactivated.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
        We have a 2014 F-250 at work, and compared to our 2011 and 2007 it's a fantastic improvement. I do like the gear indicator, and it does engine brake nicely going down 10-12% grades (way steeper than highway).

I'm not sure about the Ford's but I suspect the GM's reference the onboard GPS with the speedo. I know the clock on the radio automatically changes for the timezone when I cross into Utah and back, and the OnStar subscription has long been deactivated.
        That's kind of spooky big brother watching?
        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
        1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
        ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
          The 14 f150 tank is good size I think I put 32 gal in it one day.

I haven't checked but I'm thinking it's a 36 gallon tank. While it's a hit filling it up at least it's good for a long time. By the time it needs to be filled it's time to get out and stretch. The truck I drive at work is a 08 extended WB E250 with a 4.6. That motor is a read dog maybe the fact that on the scrap yard scale tips the scale about 7700 pounds after unloading. Gas mileage is a steady 9.5 mpg and a 25 gallon tank. I'm so glad I don't pay for gas!

On the speedometer, I was thinking it might be a GPS referenced.
          Tom
          Overdrive is overrated

Comment

The 2011-2014 5.0 trucks have been pretty good. We've seen some of them with water pump and A/C compressor issues, that's about it. You should have some basic warranty left on that truck yet.

cheers
            Ed
            Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
            07 Mustang GT with some stuff
            88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

the fuel is right on, glad you got a good deal.
              that should top 5063# at a minimum on the scale.

I drop to 18mpg and get angry.. sail to 22, even more in july.
              20 year old gmc is 4770 pounds...and 5 speed. 80 is also the fuel peak.

5.0 simply being one.. does not matter where they put it.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

My 03 6.0 Silverado gets 9mpg

But at 80 it's screaming at 3000 rpm even with od and lock up converter
                Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Originally posted by Mater View Post

My 2007 6.0, 4x4 Silverado got 14-18mpg. IIRC it was around 2600rpm at 70mph. I got the new truck for the heated seats, the ~5mpg bump was a perk.
                  Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by fast Ed View Post
                    The 2011-2014 5.0 trucks have been pretty good. We've seen some of them with water pump and A/C compressor issues, that's about it. You should have some basic warranty left on that truck yet.

cheers
                    Ed
                    About 5K miles left on the factory warranty. I opted for an extended factory warranty to 150K. The big problem for me is I work of the state during the week which leaves the wife by herself. I've easily spent a lot more money on repairs then the extended warranty on any given vehicle. This gives me piece of mind. Looking at all the electronics, I think any repair is going to be huge. We had to have 2 cars, the one that was in the shop and the one my wife would be driving waiting to go in the garage. I'm going to downsize to 1, insurance will be cheaper.
                    Tom
                    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
                      the fuel is right on, glad you got a good deal.
                      that should top 5063# at a minimum on the scale.

I drop to 18mpg and get angry.. sail to 22, even more in july.
                      20 year old gmc is 4770 pounds...and 5 speed. 80 is also the fuel peak.

5.0 simply being one.. does not matter where they put it.
                      Barry, I think it'll probably be closer to 6000 pounds. I would have loved to have a 15 with the aluminum body, they're rated I think 23 MPG high way. It was out of my reach. Heck even this was a huge leap of faith, financially speaking. All in all I'm happy. Doing 60, I've seen 20.6 average.
                      Tom
                      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Mater View Post

I think any of the newer vehicles whether GM, Ford or Chrysler are going to do much better then just a few years ago. The truck I take home from work is a 08 E250, extended wheel base with a 4.6 gets 9.5 mpg no matter what.
                        Tom
                        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Does the 2014 have a 2 speed rear axle?

Comment

Originally posted by wrenchn2 View Post
                            Does the 2014 have a 2 speed rear axle?
                            No but mine has a locking rear axle. Pull the knob out for the transfer case in 2 high and it locks the rear axle. Also the trans has a manual shift mode. Mostly for down hill or low speed when towing. You can only use the first 3 gears.
                            Tom
                            Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I think the 14 I drive can go manual shifter all the way to 6th. The Al trucks have a little gas tank. The stock tire size is smaller than the 14, I think the 14 looks better.
                              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                              ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                              X