Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Look at What I Got to Race Agaist Today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look at What I Got to Race Agaist Today!

Re: Look at What I Got to Race Agaist Today!

AND...?

Comment

I got to run him 2 times today during qualifying. He beat me the first time but I had a bad light and a miss shift. Second time I got him. We both was running 8.50's in the 1\8th mile. The new Camaro looks alot better in person than in a picture. I didn't like them till I seen one in person.

Comment

I agree, they do look better in person. The local Chevy dealer has a silver SS sitting out front.
        Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

6 cylinder??

Comment

it has the stripe its an 8. isnt it?

Comment

Pics didn't turn out as bad as I figured they might(got there too late to get a Press pass, really wanted to be out front for POV shots off the line), keep in mind I don't claim to be a pro photographer(which is a damned good thing, 'cuz my sorry ass would STARVE).

Beagle, that Camaro had all of 3 miles when the guy unloaded it off the trailer(it's a gift to the guy's wife, SJ says she was rather surprised).....heavy wheels and street tires, coupled with new-car learning curve and some crappy track conditions(lots of trash from street tires being drug up to the line).......yeah, the owner plans on some good rubber on 15" wheels to see what it can actually do.

Yes, it is an RS/SS, 6-speed car.......looks a lot better in-person, but it looks HUGE compared to my '85 Z-28. I like it, but the high beltline styling is kinda Steve Urkel-esque(highwater pants)......still want to test-drive one if given the opportunity.

SJ did pretty good for not having been at the starting line for at least a decade.....the Duster made a decent showing of itself for its trial run with the 340 under the lid.

Some tuning and hooking up that big bottle of sneeze should drastically reduce the E.T.'s...... ;D

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedJunkee
                It looks like the rear window is missing in this picture...

Comment

LOL, now that you mention it, it sure does......visibility would seem to be redused with the weird angles that the glass is in.

The maroon '69 Chevelle in front of SJ won the class(sponsored by ProMax)...the red Duster in front of the new Camaro dropped out due to an oil leak(something about the maincap girdle not allowing the pan to mount flush, oil seeping past the gaskets?), actually a very nice car.

Comment

Working...
                  X