Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finnegan's Garage

Another sidekick bites the dust?

Good luck Finnegan! I've seen a couple of the videos - it will be fun to watch where you go with this.

Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 28th, 2016, 07:16 AM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Re: Finnegan's Garage

as dynamical as journalism gets..
    he must have some great ideas with as much as he has covered.

brackets and adapter is nearly endless.

the name is known, run with it.

I had a daydream of donovans garage... did not know about the race engines back then.
    funny what launches what...always media.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I like the simplicity of the bracket..

Comment

I feel like a dumb ass, did he leave Hot Rod?
        Last edited by Huskinhano; April 28th, 2016, 09:58 AM.
        Tom
        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I feel like a dumb ass, did he leave Hot Rod?
          http://www.google.com/search?client=...w=1024&bih=660

Yup.. Moved clear across the country.. According to "gossip"

Dulcich is the new sidekick..
          Last edited by Deaf Bob; April 28th, 2016, 10:19 AM.

Comment

he is still part of roadkill though (as they did a few videos so far at his new place). he has been posting updates on facebook for roadkill still as well. he took some of the cars as he has the ramp truck and still says roadkill on the side and he is the owner of stubby bob (the shortened ford dump truck that is now rear engine)

Dulcich is part of roadkill garage a completely separate show where david so far has just been working on getting some of his fleet he has at dulcich's farm running.or finished the crop duster, a dodge truck, a challenger(vanishing paint), and the cougar he sold to dulcich
            Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

I see him at caffeine and octane all the time. He was there with Rutledge back in January and February. I didn't see Rutledge in March but Finnegan was there with his wife's car. I wonder if he'll be there Sunday. I'll have to give him a welcome.
              Visit my sons blog:
              www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

I see him at caffeine and octane all the time. He was there with Rutledge back in January and February. I didn't see Rutledge in March but Finnegan was there with his wife's car. I wonder if he'll be there Sunday. I'll have to give him a welcome.
                Which one does he go to?
                Local person
                sigpic

Comment

http://www.google.com/search?client=...w=1024&bih=660

Yup.. Moved clear across the country.. According to "gossip"

Dulcich is the new sidekick..

I think I started that gossip - I commented that Freiburger was treating him like the unloved, soon to be divorced wife. The next Roadkill had the "he's not leaving" comment. Of course, I treated that as confirmation. The last one I saw, to say they don't seem to be clicking is an understatement.

That said, he could be travelling cross-country to do the once-a-month filming. One thing to consider - given how anal Hot Rod got about making David leave CarJunkie - who knows.
                  Outside of the "never trust a guy with a beard" advice I give everyone. I wish him the best.

And I still think it was him selling the CarJunkie pickup - in one of his latest he talked about how he drove cross-country with the mill in the back of a pickup.... I can't imagine driving that 5000lb tool in the back of a short bed, 1/2 ton truck - but I've done sillier things so who knows.

Comment

i will admit i tend to be too trusting and just take people at there word and give them the benefit of the doubt

i need to stop doing that honestly
                    Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

There are people out there whose past work I admire greatly but who personally I...well let's say, I don't go for more than about half-a-minute hanging out with 'em then there's some sort of poison chemistry that says, move along, now. That happens. Never met Finnegan, don't watch his show but wish him the best.

Comment

He has a ways to go after the rudeness of what they did at the Corvette museum, but it costs me nothing to watch - and honestly, I like those marking center punches.... so I learned something.

Comment

Marking center punches are the best thing I bought!
                          At the steel shop, I made patterns using 1/4" round punches that had a straight shank for 2" then normal punch body..
                          Kinda hard to copy different sized hole items without the punches Mike used..
                          I have made punches using bolts with a point ground on it like the piece he screwed in the head..
                          Having the right cutters, bits and so on makes anything a possibility..

Comment

Which one does he go to?
                            The Atlanta show at Perimeter Mall. First Sunday every month.
                            Visit my sons blog:
                            www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Mike is likeable, TEN not so much. I hope he does well and publishes more. I found the bracket video informative if not inspirational
                              nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Working...
                              X