Finnegan's Garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post
    Went to watch it again, looks like the video has been taken down.
    glad I watched it earlier - wonder why it came down, I guess YouTube is adding "makes people sad" to reasons that they take videos down....
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• May have to do with M/T, not u-tube............they may 'own' that footage. He kinda stole their thunder.
      Last edited by oletrux4evr; September 29, 2019, 05:53 AM.
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• that's what I'm guessing.

But if it's a preview of the Roadkill episode...they had some great video of me racing next to him, running my best time ever, at the end. Overhead video as well as trackside. Can't wait to see the RK episode! And I hope they figure out how to put this one back on FG also.
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• I noticed you got some serious screen time too. Good for ya!
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• The Drag Week Video is back up, BUT only about a third of the running time of what it was!
            Tim
            Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

• heh...oops! I guess I'll have to watch it again

My fabulous web page

Comment

• looks like he cut it off after the first run, so wouldn't spoil the upcoming RK episode.

My fabulous web page

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                  looks like he cut it off after the first run, so wouldn't spoil the upcoming RK episode.
                  either that or he was concerned people would start talking about him and Tony after Tony's reaction to the W

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                    that's what I'm guessing.

But if it's a preview of the Roadkill episode...they had some great video of me racing next to him, running my best time ever, at the end. Overhead video as well as trackside. Can't wait to see the RK episode! And I hope they figure out how to put this one back on FG also.
                    I wonder if we'll see that pass from the overhead shot again, it was a great to see.
                    Tim
                    Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

• Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post

I wonder if we'll see that pass from the overhead shot again, it was a great to see.
                      I've met Finnegan and like him.

But part of me is more then a little uncomfortable that one of their stars is winning events sponsored by his boss. IF the take down was because MTOD thought their thunder stolen, does that change the tenor of Drag Week. The idea that it's no sponsors, only for glory now means that every part one by a MTOD staff cannot be shown without MTOD permission....

I'm guessing no one cares, but I'm going to start a thread asking the question....

Comment

• I wouldn't read that much into it...

My fabulous web page

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I've met Finnegan and like him.

But part of me is more then a little uncomfortable that one of their stars is winning events sponsored by his boss. IF the take down was because MTOD thought their thunder stolen, does that change the tenor of Drag Week. The idea that it's no sponsors, only for glory now means that every part one by a MTOD staff cannot be shown without MTOD permission....

I'm guessing no one cares, but I'm going to start a thread asking the question....
                          Kinda like the head tech or any tech person checking cars for a derby AND driving in the event.. Who checks their cars?
                          Generally frowned upon for promotors/tech folks to drive their own shows.

Comment

• I see no conspiracy or conflict of interests.........only the guys that were there can attest to the validity and fairness of rules application. The rest of us are speculating.
                            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                              I see no conspiracy or conflict of interests.........only the guys that were there can attest to the validity and fairness of rules application. The rest of us are speculating.
                              I think the discussion is over on the other page.... with a poll, even.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I think the discussion is over on the other page.... with a poll, even.
                                You'll see me there. Some might think I'm working on mu post count..........LOL!
                                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Working...
                                X