No announcement yet.

Finnegan's Garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the way he's gone back to basics with all this. after watching all three episodes I liked looking at his garage and what projects he has going, sort of opening himself up to us.

I also liked how he show what tools he likes to use to get the job done.

I noticed the lack of sound and lighting but I also get that he is doing it himself so I'm cool with that.

I also note that the last episode of Roadkill, Ep 49, did not rate a mention on Bangshift, after seeing it it's little wonder!
    Tim
    Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

The camaro and mustang?

It was on the front page when the episode came out
      Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
      Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Originally posted by Mater View Post
        The camaro and mustang?

It was on the front page when the episode came out
        There you go, shows how much it got my attention.
        Tim
        Melbourne Australia

Comment

I like Finnegan. I like this episode, and I hope it goes well for him.
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post

There you go, shows how much it got my attention.

yeah david even says it's his least favorite episode ever beating out the lambo rat rod episode
            Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
            Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

I thought I had commented on this but I'm not seeinging it . I loved the one showing how to make a clean looking bracket . Nice tip on the screw in center punches .
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Another one is up on Youtube, the ramp truck gets some attention;

Tim
                Melbourne Australia

Comment

don't use pressure treat wood on a trailer bed - it's quite a bit weaker than typical wood (which is why no trailer builder uses it). The tongue and groove bed lasted quite well, and if you're concerned about rot, seal it....

never, ever put the wood in tight. The reason there was a 2x4 gap is that gap should be the spacing between the wood so when it swells it won't pop up and warp..... good thing it's temporary?

and finally, use trailer, self-tapping floor screws... they use a star drive and counter-sink into the wood

other than that - perfect

oh, and don't use metal on a sloped bed unless you want to test drive your health insurance.

it was cute, though, to see the Minnigan helping.
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Psst.....you run the circular saw on the part of the wood you are keeping....not the drop part.....

Cool video though. Rather enjoyed it. Nice neighborhood and bird sounds are soothing.
                    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

That bird cheeping would get on my nerves....

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                        Psst.....you run the circular saw on the part of the wood you are keeping....not the drop part.....

Cool video though. Rather enjoyed it. Nice neighborhood and bird sounds are soothing.
                        I thought of my brother, left handed.
                        we built at more than a few buildings.

a "trim man".. he'd get into details and strange angles before anyone.
                        just keep him from electric, and explosives.

and that is a nice neighborhood, looks like native colors... I like the bricks and grey browns.
                        I ponder pecans not far off, a tropical bird showing up once and awhile.. maybe a tropical island mockingbird with the most famous sounds of all.
                        Last edited by Barry Donovan; May 3, 2016, 09:04 AM.
                        Previously boxer3main
                        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post

just keep him from electric, and explosives.
                          must be my brother from another mother.... people say that about me, a lot.

Comment

Hmmm? Was pondering pressure treated for my trailer deck.. Now I know why not to..
                            Thought about painting it.. Then my buddy who has had his trailer longer than I have had mine says he just dumps waste oil on his and parks it where he wants to keep gravel.
                            Those self taping star screws are a mutha te remove, wven with vise grips.. Seems they go in so hot and fast they weld themselves in place?
                            Got 2-4 rotted boards. Gonna redo the whole deck..since I gotta grind the front plate off to replace boards.
                            Thinking of plywood strips where the wheels ride . But am worried about moisture between the boards and plywood..
                            So many decisions for something so simple!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                              That bird cheeping would get on my nerves....
                              Try a pond full of frogs. sounds like theirs 10,000 of those bastards out there.

Comment

Originally posted by ratpatrol66 View Post

Try a pond full of frogs. sounds like theirs 10,000 of those bastards out there.

Used to hunt them for a friend to eaT.. They loved them, I wouldn't eat fishy chicken...
                                Last edited by Deaf Bob; May 3, 2016, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X