No announcement yet.

Finnegan's Garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think he may need to change the name, Finnegan Marine and Speed, but your summer is nearly over!

Tim
    Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

• Finnegan's Drag Week 19 review, Squirrel you're there from the 30 min mark.

I think this is some of that video that got taken down by Finnegan soon after it was put up.

Last edited by 65RHDEER; September 10, 2020, 02:57 AM.
      Tim
      Melbourne Australia

Comment

• Tim
        Melbourne Australia

Comment

• I just can't relate to Finnegan . I could a few years ago before he moved to Georgia . Actually I think it all started when he put Forgeline Wheels on his wife's Elco . Everything he does is high dollar . I'm sure jealousy has something to do with these feelings. Add it all up , sweet Jesus he's got a lot of money tied up in all these toys . His stuff is very cool but come on now. That rear end they put in this truck had to have been big bucks . Whenever I watch , I just can't get it out of my head . He's standing there with his FSM hat and shirt , big sunglasses and his goofy grin and I just want to throw a bucket of water at him. I'm sure he's a great guy but all I see is a rich kid. Oh well , like I said "I'm jealous" .

Comment

• ^^ Right ... didn't know what gear they sent him in the big buck rear? WOW. For some reason I don't think he paid for the rear... just the weed.
            Last edited by Beagle; September 23, 2020, 04:30 PM.
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• For me it's a balance between doing what you would do anyway, it being cool enough for a show and just making up crazy shit for a show. When you lose the "I'd be doing this anyway" aspect you lose me. At least PRETEND you give a crap. F&F became clowns a long time ago.
              My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

• my experience with Mr Finnegan is... a few years ago at one of the Drag Weeks i spectated at, Mr Finnegan was working on Blasphemi. i was taking pictures, and i kinda got up close. I said " sorry to get in your space but im taking pictures to bomb my sons phone with. when he gets his phone back at Basic, i want it to blow up with texts" Mike says "your son is at Basic Training? forget the pictures, lets send him a video!!" and he recorded a video for my kid. for that, I will always be a fan of that Gentleman.
                Charles

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy

I don't get this complaint.... media does a billion "cheap" builds but whenever anyone shows the cutting edge of the market - you'd think the world just came to an end. Newsflash, there is no new way to feature turds.
                  I wasn't referring to the money or lack of it. I was talking about professionalism or more simply, class. I grew tired of entertainment about people with no class back with the Beverly Hillbillies. Do what you like, just don't expect ME to want to watch it on TV.

Comment

• I never said that I didn’t like the guy or that I would love to be in his shoes . I did say that I was jealous of all the toys he has and I did say that I’m sure he’s a great guy. Now where is that bucket of water ?

Comment

• when did it become wrong to have fun with cars? Never get so serious about 4 wheels that it stops being fun and that includes time spent watching when you're not participating.

Comment

• Originally posted by FINNEGAN View Post
                        when did it become wrong to have fun with cars? Never get so serious about 4 wheels that it stops being fun and that includes time spent watching when you're not participating.
                        Sorry guys, I'm with him on this. Some of yall taking things waaaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously.
                        I'm probably wrong

Comment

• O.K. I'm a grumpy old fogey but from time to time I think ALL the You Tubers need to stop and think "Would I be doing THIS THAT WAY if I wasn't making a You Tube Video of it?". There is never any shortage of interesting fun things to do with cars. Maybe all shouldn't involve symbolic clown make up. Would you be doing ramp truck burnouts if you couldn't put them on You Tube? Maybe so, but would you attack them with the same fervor? Would you have built a Drag Week car? Probably, or at least that type of ride. But would it have turned into Blasphemi?

The highest praise I can give Roadkill is I've met You Tubers that watch it, subscribe and have no background or experiences with hot rodding whatsoever. They just like the show. But, shouldn't a little bit of effort be put into educating them about the pride and skill the majority put into the hobby/sport as well?

Comment

• A fun game to play might be what is your favorite feature of Blasphemi? For me it is the stack EFI. To take the part of racing engines that is the most "Not For Street Use" and make it work is so great. Mechanical race fuel injection is made for two things. Wide open throttle and idling. Any dream drag oriented project car of mine has stack or Enderle EFI.
                            Last edited by RockJustRock; September 29, 2020, 11:34 AM.

Comment

• I like finnegan, freiburger.. holder
                              I like seeing my age group keeping busy.

to start driving in teen years.. we would all be about a decade before injection. so when you see these guys working, it was real world once upon a time.
                              the banging carbs and talking old numbers. No boasting about it. Actual chores, a lot of times no books.

My ulitmate daydream for a tow rig was a 3208 cat in a topkick.. he got one.
                              Can't wait to see where this goes. it is great entertainment to me.
                              Its like watching a school age friend go into a daydream as a career.
                              Last edited by Barry Donovan; September 29, 2020, 11:33 AM.
                              Previously boxer3main
                              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• O.K. so nothing can ever get better?

Comment

Working...
                                X