No announcement yet.

Finnegan's Garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was no Monday this week BUT there was a Friday last week!

Tim
    Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

The episode for this week

Last edited by 65RHDEER; September 14, 2016, 01:29 AM.
      Tim
      Melbourne Australia

Comment

Yeah , truck project . And I was wondering if the Ford truck IRS was any good for handling . Question finally answer without me ever asking .
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

nice truck. I doubt I'll see any of that stuff where I am..
          he said it was setup for an LS..
          was thinking of the steve morris builds. Turbo etc.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

In case you're curious why there seems to be radio silence from Finnegan's Garage.... perhaps this answers the question

I wish it had been Top Gear
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Timing is everything . You know someone would have paid good money to ride tjat thing over . Oh well , someone just got out of their boat payment . Second best day of their life , right up there with getting it in the first place
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Finnegan's Garage Ep 19:
                It's Too Hot in the Ramp Truck-'73 Chevy C30 Upgrades

Comment

i laughed so hard about that rear seat. he looked soo disappointed when they finally got the cover all the way off
                  Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                  Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

• it does reveal history.
                    crew cabs are awesome for throwing something in the back.. could have been anything.

I am thinking my 1996 needs the extra floor stuff too.
                    128F is not just the floor, it is the whole cabin.

that is peculiar. the highest temp reading I got has been 128F in the cabin. Sitting still, no engine running...could have been there shut off for days.

the hot sun owns it.
                    it does have a magic trick getting that warm. Especially for body men or frame tweakers.. cab and dash and seams all seem to be mated forever, as dynamical hot and cooldowns.

a most interesting seat wear... it is like someone had an epoxy butt sliding in and out of it. A petrified version of no further decay on the common wear points.
                    Previously boxer3main

Comment

• I wonder at how hot the transmission must be to heat the floor to that level...
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• i have a feeling a transswap may be a future episode with a giant cooler
                        Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                        Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

• Looking forward to the episode of seeing this boat on the water.
                          Last edited by 65RHDEER; October 17, 2016, 11:11 PM.
                          Tim
                          Melbourne Australia

Comment

• Originally posted by Mater View Post
                            i have a feeling a transswap may be a future episode with a giant cooler
                            My bet is worn body to frame bushings, and a lack of air flow around the trans, and the exhaust manifold outlet and header pipe running beside the trans..
                            Easy fix is pipe cool air to between the trans and floor.. Trans fluid temp is most likely fine.. The exhaust and frame rubber bushings being shot is most likely the cause..

Comment

• I got mad at this episode.
                              I LoVE the msd programmable. My subaru is a very nice runner now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	silly.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	1136896

if I lived nearby, he seems like one I would approach and start chatting with anyway.. I'd dial that six in for free.

anyway,
                              they could use the o2 sensor and ride the cam and carb for the unknown new timing. This does not take long, and they are in for a very pleasant surprise once they get it.
                              msd has their numbers written, they can determine total degrees very easily. I was blind on that number, and still found it.

I leave the map sensor as the pop catcher...and cold starts. 4 degrees across the whole range. this is for hard throttle off or on as well.

they'll love what this can do... it is incredible.
                              Last edited by Barry Donovan; December 19, 2016, 03:52 PM.
                              Previously boxer3main

Comment

Working...
                              X